Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Configure 2830n with 5 Static IPs

• ashwin1234
  • Topic Author
More
19 Feb 2012 20:51 #71274 by ashwin1234
Configure 2830n with 5 Static IPs was created by ashwin1234
Hi

We have a 2830n router which we need some help in configuring, Our ISP have provided us with 5 static IP addresses. I would like to know how to configure the 2830n with 5 static IP's of which 2 are in use and plugged into 2 ports.

Thank You

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Feb 2012 14:27 #71302 by rj
Replied by rj on topic Re: Configure 2830n with 5 Static IPs
Hi,

Check this link : http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb_vigor_2ndsubnet.html

regards,

rj

• ashwin1234
  • Topic Author
More
21 Feb 2012 16:21 #71304 by ashwin1234
Replied by ashwin1234 on topic Re: Configure 2830n with 5 Static IPs
Hi RJ

Thanks for your reply, with the link that you have sent I am not too sure how you would configure this on a Draytek 2830n as the option for a 2nd IP address is not there. Below is the scenario that we have and need some assistance on.

We have a scenario in which we would like to replace our current Zyxel 660hw with a Draytek 2830n router. We have 8 static IP addresses and need some advice in how to best configure the Draytek router.

The Zyxel is set to no NAT and has two devices connected to it, a Cisco WRVS4400N and a VOIP PBX. Both connected devices have external static IP’s assigned. The Cisco protects the Local LAN and is the Gateway connected to the LAN switch (Netgear GS724T). The PBX services the office through a local NIC connected to the LAN switch and remote users through the external static NIC plugged into the Zyxel.

Question 1
Can I replace the Zyxel without making changes to the existing setup? If so how?

Question 2
Can I configure the Draytek to replace the Zyxel and Cisco but keep the VOIP PBX with two NIC’s (one static external and one local)? If so how?

Question 3
Can you confirm if WAN IP Alias is the best option to use if we are able to remove the Cisco and go to single NIC (local IP) for the VOIP PBX?

Any help and guidance in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Ashwin

Moderators: Sami