DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

SKY and their MER authentication

More
17 May 2012 12:45 #72262 by jchamier
Replied by jchamier on topic Re: SKY and their MER authentication
Sky's MER for Fibre users need DHCP option 61 to pass the username & password in the format
username|password
to the OpenReach modem. Unless you have a VDSL capable Draytek unit, but technically replacing the VDSL modem is against OpenReach terms.

Does the Router Name field actually pass this in DHCP option 61 or in the DHCP client id field, which is more typical and not suitable for Sky :(

Its a shame the sky network is so good, the sky routers are pretty awful.

Vigor2820Vn - BT Infinity 2 - Download: 45 megabit/sec - Upload: 8 megabit/sec

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 May 2012 19:39 #72269 by jchamier
Replied by jchamier on topic Re: SKY and their MER authentication

RobinGill wrote: The only reason I suspect Drayteks won't work is because the Router Name field on the MPoA (RFC1483/2684) Mode settings page is limited to 22 chars.

My 2820Vn with firmware 3.3.7.1_232201 dated Feb 2012, allows for 39 characters in both the Router Name and Domain Name fields under "Static or Dynamic IP address" - so I'm hopeful that might work with Sky Fibre. (I can't order Fibre yet, no cabinet until next month).

Vigor2820Vn - BT Infinity 2 - Download: 45 megabit/sec - Upload: 8 megabit/sec

More
21 May 2012 16:32 #72294 by tallbloke
Replied by tallbloke on topic Re: SKY and their MER authentication
i have just ordered the fibre pro (80/20) service from sky and i'm looking to purchase the 2850vn if it's possible to get a confirmation that it works / there's a firmware upgrade enabling it to work..

More
29 May 2012 21:01 #72379 by sebby
Replied by sebby on topic Re: SKY and their MER authentication
Another person interested in MER support, particularly from the Vigor 120. I'd buy one tomorrow were it supported.

More
04 Jun 2012 21:19 #72440 by lancer778544
Replied by lancer778544 on topic Re: SKY and their MER authentication
I'm another person who'd be very interested in purchasing a 2750n if MER support could be added

More
05 Jun 2012 00:30 #72441 by tallbloke
Replied by tallbloke on topic Re: SKY and their MER authentication
Not a bad idea if we all call SEG.co.uk [tech support dept] for anyone interested in this - as I -think- they have a direct tech relationship with Draytek - I have a vague memory that they were really helpful in getting BE's slightly odd DSLAM setup working with the then current vigor DSL routers a few years back... Always had good support so worth bearing in mind as a good source for purchase

Moderators: Sami