DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

MacBook Pros on wireless can't connect to devices

More
06 Jun 2012 15:55 #72465 by haddock
Hi,

I have recently upgraded from a Vigor 2710n to a 2850Vn and now my two MacBooks can no longer connect to other devices on my LAN when they are using the wireless connection. Everything worked perfectly with the 2710, and nothing else has changed on my setup - I just swapped routers, setup security, bound the various MAC addresses to IP's for all computers and NAS devices.

Everything else works, for example:
- If I plug the MacBooks into the LAN using ethernet cable to router, they can access the NAS devices
- The MacBooks have full internet access wireless/wired, and static IP addresses assigned (bound to MAC on router config)
- I have two Windows laptops (Win XP and Win 7) and these work fine on wireless and ethernet - can always connect to NAS
- Desktop PC on LAN can always connect to NAS devices

The MacBooks can see all my NAS devices (I have 1xReadyNAS Duo, 2xReadyNAS NV+, and 1xReadyNAS U6+), but they just will not connect when using wireless.

I have searched but just can't find any solution.. given they work on the wired connection, I assume the problem is somehow in the router config. I have upgraded the firmware to latest versions for everything - Router, NAS devices, and Apple updates.

Please.. can anyone help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2012 17:20 #72466 by haddock
Please ignore! I just unbound the MAC/IP and reconnected to wireless and it works.

Very strange, I don't understand it at all - although not bound, the laptop has same ip address and can access NAS devices now!

thanks,
Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami