DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2830n - SYN packets not being responded to

More
21 Jun 2012 21:01 #1 by lloyd
I have just purchased a 2830n, and I'm experiencing a strange issue with packets not being responded to that I wonder if someone can give me some additional pointers to try and solve.

I have an arduino based card, with a very small tcp/ip implementation. It is known not to be perfect (RAM is extremely limited), but its behaviour on the Draytek router is worse than on the Netgear it has replaced.

Basically my arduino card does a http get every 5 seconds. On power up, every thing is ok, but gradually the requests start to be ignored, until it fails completely. If left alone, it may recover (after perhaps a few hours, perhaps sooner). If I power off or reset the arduino, it does not recover. The only way to recover is to reboot the router.

If I mirror the port and do a capture, in the failure mode, I see SYN packets being sent, but these seem to be completely ignored.

I suspect the issue is in some way to do with the packet handling by the arduino, but the fact that the only way to recover is to reboot the router suggests something is not being closed or a resource is being exhausted. Can anyone give me any suggestions as to how I might track this one down?

Thanks

Lloyd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami