DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2830 and TalkTalk / YouView / IPTV

• simmondp
  • Topic Author
More
05 Dec 2012 12:01 #74443 by simmondp
2830 and TalkTalk / YouView / IPTV was created by simmondp
TalkTalk installed their YouView box and brought with it a new D-Link DSL-2780 ADSL Router (this is required to make the service work said the engineer), sure enough it works fine on the D-Link. With my Draytek 2830n it only works on non-linear channels (catch-up TV) but gives an error code TTG-894 when trying to access Engineering Test Channel. (Linear IPTV).

Unfortunately - and the primary reason I have the Draytek - is that the TT supplied routers (such as the D-Link 2780) do not properly support SIP.

Reading up on the problem I guess its something to do with IGMPv3 but I have tried enabling that with no success on the Draytek. I selected "Enable IGMP Proxy" and have then tried "Enable IGMP Snooping", both selected and un-selected, with no effect.

I have also upgraded the 2830n to Firmware Version: 3.6.3_db_211801 (from the parent web-site, as it was not on the UK web site), again with no success.

Clearly, if I am not alone, the inability for a Draytek to operate with UK Linear IPTV will be a big issue!!

Anyone solved the problem / got it to work??

Thanks

Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• simmondp
  • Topic Author
More
07 Jan 2013 20:00 #74702 by simmondp
OK, so here is how you do it.

Since I could not get anything sensible from TalkTalk support I needed to hack the TalkTalk supplied D-Link router via their **Insecure** Telnet (gives full LINUX access) to get to the D-Link / TalkTalk config files. 8)

• Go to WAN / Multi-PVCs and under the General Tab enable Channel 3, VPI=0, VCI=65 UBR MPoA and "1483 Bridged IP LLC"

• Now click on the "Port-based Bridge" Tab and Enable Channel 3 , and enable P2,P3 & P4, and select service type "IGMP"

• Now click on [OK] and reboot the Router "With the current configuration"

• When rebooted go to Application / IGMP and enable IGMP Proxy for WAN1 and also enable IGMP Snooping

• Ensure any devices requiring IGMPv3 / Linear IPTV are plugged into the physical ports #2,#3 & #4 (A caveat; from step 3, you cannot enable this for physical port #1)**

• Now click on [OK]

It should now work. :D

** I have a single cable from router port #2, feeding an 18-Port 1GByte Switch which then feeds the rest of the house

The presumption is that this will be the same for other providers offering (or when they offer) Linear IPTV, such as BT, though I don't think the Humax box that BT currently supplies (as of Jan 2013) has had it's firmware upgrade for Linear IPTV. It is possible that the VCI number may be different but I would hope we have an agreed UK norm?? :roll:

More
08 Jan 2013 09:51 #74705 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: 2830 and TalkTalk / YouView / IPTV
wow, nicely done finding that out :) hopefully anyone else that wants to set those up with a draytek can find this as well - this is the first time I've seen multi PVCs used in the UK I think

• simmondp
  • Topic Author
More
20 Dec 2013 13:43 #78556 by simmondp
Just a "heads-up" that installing FTTC via an OpenReach (supplied) modem into WAN2 breaks Linear IPTV, though broadband works ** really nicely **, as does streaming TV.

While I'm able hack the settings out of the supplied TalkTalk Huawai box (which works fine) I'm unable to replicate these into the DrayTak to get the LinearTV to work.

More
20 Dec 2013 14:12 #78558 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2830 and TalkTalk / YouView / IPTV
without knowing the full problem as i am not any longer with TT ... have you tried WAN >> Multi-PVCs>general>wan>WAN for Router-borne Application>IPTV if this section let you add few settings? or is not helpful for IPVT?
Also there is new firmware for the 2830n model 3.6.6.1 if will help ... here the link (NOTE for the Single Band _SB_ model) ... rst file recommended and all settings back from the begin
ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2830/Firmware/Single%20band/v3.6.6.1_SB/

More
20 Dec 2013 17:36 #78564 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: 2830 and TalkTalk / YouView / IPTV
multicast over VDSL / FTTC is different from how it had to be done with ADSL though - from what I've seen it just uses multicast over the WAN interface, no special VLANs or WANs used. To replicate that on the draytek, it should just be set under Application - IGMP - enable IGMP proxy for the FTTC WAN.

Moderators: Sami