Vigor 2830 and VLANS

• biomed32uk
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
14 Dec 2012 15:49 #74543 by biomed32uk
Vigor 2830 and VLANS was created by biomed32uk
I am having grief with my 2830 (latest firmware 3.6.3) and getting vlans to work with the wireless access point.

2830 is connected to my Cisco 2960 switch, to a trunk port carrying a couple of vlans, Two networks setup and i can connect to the router from both networks, no problem, wired side is working.

SSID's associated to each vlan, set up and clients can associate with the AP, and can ping the respective interface in the router.

What i cant do is get communication between the wired and wireless networks and vice versa, none of the isolation options are ticked and no matter what i do it refuses.

If i set up as a port based vlan, rather than tagged, and connect the 2830 no a normal access port on the switch it works, enabling the tag seems to break the wireless access point communicating through the router.

I have a ticket raised with Draytek and I am convinced its a firmware issue, but they seem to be dragging with this one convinced its something I have done. I am very familiar with networks, switchs, vlans etc etc so hopefully not me.

Has anyone else got a 2830 setup to use tagged vlans with the wireless access point working as well, be grateful of any suggestions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Sep 2013 00:27 #77757 by demongreen
Replied by demongreen on topic Re: Vigor 2830 and VLANS
Hi,

I have just tried setting up the same situation as yourself and also get the same results.

The router VLAN configuration page states:

1. Tag based VLAN only applied for LAN Ports;
2. The checked Wireless LAN SSID will not has VLAN tagging function but regarded as joining VLAN group;
3. The set VLAN ID (VID) must be unique and not duplicate.

Point 2 seems to be the cause of the issue. Please let me know if you resolve this; in the interim I am using the same workaround as you:

VLAN1 enabled on Router ports P1-2 with no tagging, linking to LAN1 and SSID1. Switch has ports 1-8 configured as access ports for VLAN1. Router P1 connects to Switch P1.
VLAN3 enabled on Router ports P3-4 with no tagging, linking to LAN3 and SSID3. Switch has ports 9-16 configured as access ports for VLAN3. Router P3 connects to Switch P9.

I lose an additional port on both the router and the switch for uplinking the individual VLANs but it's not a train smash.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami