DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2920 hanging

More
26 Sep 2013 01:12 #77782 by gyre
Replied by gyre on topic Re: Vigor 2920 hanging
I've also been having hanging problems recently with my 2920. I'm on 3.6.4. The router usually behaves for a few days after a power cycle.

I'm using a separate router from another company in bridged mode as a adsl modem. That router indicates it's not dropped the ADSL connection during the hang.

The effect of the hang seems to be that the router (which I'm also using a few ports of it as a switch) stops being addressable... I can't even get to its web page... and sometimes packets that pass through it don't get through.

-- gyre --

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Sep 2013 08:24 #77783 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Vigor 2920 hanging
when you upgraded the firmware did you use *rst* file? ... many users avoiding to use *rst* file when upgrading because are to many settings to set manually back from the begin & so is pain (previous back up files also are not good idea to use with newest firmwares) ... but it helps clean previous firmware bugs & avoiding firmware mismatching & maybe it helps to run smoother with the *rst* files .... most users don't recommend changing in general firmware if is working ... unless is a must or need the extra added feature ...

More
26 Sep 2013 09:25 #77784 by gyre
Replied by gyre on topic Re: Vigor 2920 hanging
nope, i've never used the .rst file, as it's such a pain trying to remember all my settings.

Moderators: Sami