DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VLAN Setup Page Not Saving

• garysutherland
  • Topic Author
More
04 Apr 2013 17:55 #75762 by garysutherland
VLAN Setup Page Not Saving was created by garysutherland
This is a problem that I have wrestled with over a number of years without much success: The VLAN setup page refusing to save the settings I've given it.

Everything appears to work - the OK button presses as you'd expect, but it remains on the page and if you go to back a page and select VLAN setup again you find nothing has changed from the previous settings.

I've tried resetting the router to factory defaults in case the config was in some way corrupt, no joy.

If I click the enable checkbox but don't set any port settings and then click OK I'm told I need to set a VLAN for each port so I know the validation is taking place.

Other forms within the web setup appear to work just fine, although the Rate Control page also exhibits the same problem as the VLAN page. Connected?

The router in question is a Draytek Vigor 2600i and has been a stalwart beast since it was bought some years ago.

Has anyone got any bright ideas? Could my anti-virus/firewall be doing it? I'm using the paid for version of AVG Internet Security and have tried with it disabled.

Have tried IE, Chrome and Firefox in case it was a browser problem, and both XP and Windows 7 (32 bit).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Apr 2013 00:51 #75766 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: VLAN Setup Page Not Saving
Had similar issue with you as well
A next firmware with *rst file solved the problem
But guessing in your case there is not any other firmware so if i was you ... i would press the reset button for master reset then load the firmware again with *rst* file & do one more master reset as well to avoid possible bugs

Also an other idea before you do all this ... is if you can log ... lets say from your mobile or an other pc/laptop and try change the settings from them devices

• garysutherland
  • Topic Author
More
05 Apr 2013 11:06 #75770 by garysutherland
Replied by garysutherland on topic Re: VLAN Setup Page Not Saving
Thanks, I tried it from another PC running a different version of Windows and different browsers, all to no avail.

It's running the 2.5.9uk firmware. I might try flashing it with an earlier version and see if that makes a difference.

• garysutherland
  • Topic Author
More
03 Jul 2013 15:27 #76865 by garysutherland
Replied by garysutherland on topic Re: VLAN Setup Page Not Saving
Tried flashing it with 258 firmware but no joy. Have already tried resetting config to factory settings - still no joy.

Pretty sure it was running 256 firmware when we got it so I'll try an see if I can find a copy of that to re-flash it with.

More
03 Jul 2013 20:06 #76873 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: VLAN Setup Page Not Saving
Sorry still in trouble ... try another browser ideally IE but clear history,cookies etc first ... but you can email the support, maybe because is old model not have it function/supported at the latest firmware?

More
04 Jul 2013 18:37 #76876 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: VLAN Setup Page Not Saving
That router was made around the time of ie6/ie7, you can probably get the VLAN page working by putting IE into compatibility mode.

Moderators: Sami