DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2960 Not Listed in Support Area. Horrible online resources.

More
09 Jun 2013 22:56 #76460 by jamessp1
I'm not very impressed with my 2960, and am beginning to loose patience with it. It's simply not a finished product. Much more of this stupidity and I'm going back to Juniper + Zeroshell.

I'm not impressed that the Draytek UK support area has no 2960 content. INCLUDING:

* Firmware
* Documentation
* Release Notes

and additionally;
* World-wide it is not possible to download a rst file anywhere (needed to reset a buggered configuration).
* Support have not been able to get me a 2960 Telnet reference.
* Many of the sections and images in the User Guide are for other products.
* The on-line support web form does not even list the 2960 as a supported product (I have to select "other")

How is it possible that we can be asked to spend £500 on a device that the UK support site does not reference??

Having been through a 2 hour re-boot nightmare tonight (including a factory reset, reload v1.0.5, the reload v1.0.6.1, then reload my saved config, not forgetting having to set up a client on a 192.168.1.x network with no firewall to make the TFTP server work... and changing cabiling...), I'm really sick of messing around with a device that should just play nicely in the background and do it's job, instead of being the biggest pain in the arse since Vlad the Impaler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jun 2013 20:20 #76479 by the pit
Mmmm too be honest I can't defend them or the product. Upnp on the local network hasn't worked since launch. The latest firmware causes the router to grind slowly to a halt. The last beta I tried breaks load balancing or rather it adds undocumented features which probably break it. Draytek support no longer respond to my emails over upnp being fixed. In case you bugger the firmware update you cannot use router tools to rescue the device as it won't take the password.
An updated manual is also needed.

More
11 Jun 2013 13:28 #76502 by jamessp1
I have a new problem today. The Draytek is showing me an internal HTML page for a V3900 (I've got a 2960) instead of serving up some major public websites (including Microsoft)

Wonderful.

More
12 Jun 2013 19:29 #76540 by the pit
I wish I could return mine but I've had it too long.

More
21 Jun 2013 11:24 #76749 by jamessp1
Update: 2 weeks after positing this observation, The 2960 still does not have any on-line downloads or manuals on the UK website.

What needed is:

• Firmware

• Updated product manual providing documentation on all GUI features.

• Telnet guide

Come on Draytek, if you sell it, support it!

More
22 Nov 2013 12:46 #78343 by jamessp1
6 Months on....

No updated product manual providing documentation on all GUI features in the 2960.
No progress creating a telnet guide for the 2960.

echo... echo... echo....

Moderators: Sami