DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

BT Infinity with 2850n - Ping Timeout-slow or no connections

• exploit
  • Topic Author
More
05 Jul 2013 00:27 #76880 by exploit
Hi. I have retried to replace a BT Hub 4 running BT Infinity with a 2850n but connection is terrible :evil:

2850n is on latest firmware v2850_364_2471201.zip . It connect and seem to sync with a good speed but keep getting ping timeout and connection lost. Connection unusable. I left connection overnight hoping it would settle down. But no luck.
Trying BT Wholesale Speed test sometime result with page unable to load.

This is my vdsl status , does my SNR look too high?

And here is a speed test log. The start is with BT Hub, then I change to 2850n and you see the packet lost & ping goes up. Towards the end I switch back to BT Hub and the packet lost disappear, connect is now useable.

Anyone got any suggestions please? I am willing to try any beta firmware if any are available?

Many Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jul 2013 02:23 #76882 by babis3g
Hi
Firmware 3.6.4 has fix the speed issue but seems it has a mismatching or conflict ... i have issue with wan 2 ... other users with DNS lookups etc ... i would say to contact the support (the main point of my reply) ... they are the ones may have beta for testing
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/techquery.html

About SNR seems is not high ... just the draytek seems not has the decimal (comma or full stop) so your SNR i would say is 12.9 Up & 11.4 DOWN but check with support as well
I also see few errors with upstream so ask this too

• exploit
  • Topic Author
More
05 Jul 2013 07:48 #76883 by exploit
Thanks babis3g I will contact support

More
05 Jul 2013 13:02 #76885 by voodle
Try out the 3.6.3 firmware, it has a different VDSL modem code, it can be found on ftp://ftp.draytek.com

• exploit
  • Topic Author
More
05 Jul 2013 21:04 #76889 by exploit
Contacted Draytek support and they instructed that I try and disable QoS & DoS defence if enabled. They also sent 2 different firmwares to try. I will be trying over the weekend.

More
10 Jul 2013 14:48 #76933 by mpcjames
Hi

Did you find a solution to this?

Moderators: Sami