DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2706n firmware 1.1.1

• gaz.lodge
  • Topic Author
More
10 Jul 2013 17:22 #76935 by gaz.lodge
Replied by gaz.lodge on topic Re: 2706n firmware 1.1.1
A BT engineer told me they got the best speed with their own BT modems... but why wouldnt they say that :-)
But then again he didnt even know that you could get a combined VDSL modem / router & told be point blank the Draytek 2750 wouldnt work :shock:
This was less than a year ago too!

I have 5 2750 & 2760 in operation around the country and the sync speeds vary massively from as low as 13000/4000 up to the best connection on a 2750 of 78000/20000

It's still a lottery why I'm still glad I can get 100Mb VM at home :D

Gaz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2013 17:21 #77497 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2706n firmware 1.1.1
there is a new beta 1.2.0 at UK download page which fix few issues (not know which ones as there is not release notes) ... one of them is the wifi led will operate and have add few more features such ... ipv6 (i don't see the PPP) ... bind ip to mac ... bandwidth management for wifi ... option via wan interface to add modem codes (but not any out yet) ... worth to try it

• gaz.lodge
  • Topic Author
More
21 Aug 2013 17:27 #77500 by gaz.lodge
Replied by gaz.lodge on topic Re: 2706n firmware 1.1.1
not for me.... the last beta was a pre alpha.... so I wont be touching it :shock:

Gaz

More
30 Aug 2013 09:02 #77563 by yewtcuk
Replied by yewtcuk on topic Re: 2706n firmware 1.1.1

babis3g wrote: there is a new beta 1.2.0 at UK download page which fix few issues (not know which ones as there is not release notes) ... one of them is the wifi led will operate and have add few more features such ... ipv6 (i don't see the PPP) ... bind ip to mac ... bandwidth management for wifi ... option via wan interface to add modem codes (but not any out yet) ... worth to try it

I thought most of these would were working anyway. I have however uploaded it and it has fixed an issue I knew about, specifically that the host ip recorded in my apache log files was the ip of the router as opposed to the remote ip. It's now correct. Having said that all is not well. The dashboard is given me "Wrong data format" as is one or two other screens. Such as LAN/Ethernet select and edit. This is worse as it hangs the screen. This is also bad because I'm trying to assign a fixed ip to a device and I can't. I've tried the telnet interface but this is just about incompressible.

Steve

More
30 Aug 2013 12:23 #77565 by andyfitter
Replied by andyfitter on topic Re: 2706n firmware 1.1.1
I found that I get the "Wrong Data Format" error when I try to access it via Chrome, but via Safari it is ok. Might be worth a try.

More
30 Aug 2013 14:04 #77566 by yewtcuk
Replied by yewtcuk on topic Re: 2706n firmware 1.1.1
Ok, it looks like it was a cacheing issue. The screens now work - except that I still couldn't get to add a static ip because the default ipv6 field was empty. I stuffed something in there that looked appropriate - and it worked.

Moderators: Sami