DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2760 vdsl - no internet connection through lan

• mrmuddley
  • Topic Author
More
20 Jul 2013 12:56 #77028 by mrmuddley
I have just upgraded to bt infinity fttc service and I invested in a draytek 2760 to go with it.

Setup was pretty simple, I had to follow thge instruction for both 2750 and 2860 but got there without to much struggle. The key point was selecting vlan encapsulation. This allows you the enter the vlan id - 101 in th case of bt infinity.

Once done, the service came up with no issue and a check over wifi shows internet connection first time. Great so far.

The problem, however, is checking the same connection over lan, there is no internet access. I can ping other devices across the lan but just no internet a access. A selection of different devices and cables and a number of factory resets have followed all with the same result

I'm afraid that im beyond my networking talents now and cannot figure out if this a problem of hardware or settings. On the guides for the 2750 and 2860 there is a part where you set the nat alongside the vlan but i've not a clue if or how I would replicate this in 2760 menus

Any help much appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jul 2013 20:52 #77029 by stevewood
I too am having very similar issues with my 2760.

Initially I configured mine without touching the Wi-Fi and was finding that when the WAN connected to BT Infinity, the LAN side immediately stopped working and would not respond to pings. Support suggested I drop back from 1.1.1 to the previous firmware 1.0.2.1 and try again, but then I found that although now I could connect to BT without losing the LAN connection, I still could not get traffic to or from the Internet.

I then tried the Wi-Fi, and I found that not only did this route through to the Internet, it also had somehow enabled routing for the regular LAN ports too. I was tempted to live with this until I found that some port forwarding that I needed seemed to be unavailable under that firmware release.

I re-flashed back to the latest firmware, to see if the 'Wi-Fi first' trick would give me what I needed, but I found that my laptop on Wi-Fi could not see any wired LAN devices. I've not yet explored other combinations of wired / non-wired connectivity to see which do or don't work.

I still have a ticket open with Support for this, though I've not yet updated them with some of these latest things that I've tried.

One thing I have noticed is that I'm not seeing anything in the web interface referring to VLANs anywhere except on the WAN settings, and I'm wondering if this might be the problem area in some way. Googling for answers, I came across this page:

http://support.draytek.net.au/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/566/3/enabling-2nd-subnet-and-vlan-in-vigor2760-router

which appears to show something that I don't see on my router.

I'll see what Support come back with.

• mrmuddley
  • Topic Author
More
21 Jul 2013 10:39 #77031 by mrmuddley
Thanks for the post. Sounds pretty much the same. Good to know i'm not going mad but pretty frustrating at the moment. Thew wifi is excellent, I live in a flat and it dominates all other traffic, even on different floors! So it would be a real shame to ditch it because I cant get the lan to work

I'd seen that subnet guide. I'm pretty sure that its that screen that im looking for. Ive raised a ticket too so i'll post whatever reply I get

Thanks

More
21 Jul 2013 13:51 #77034 by andyfitter
Just adding my comment here - Had a 2760N for a few days and thought I'd update to latest firmware too. Resulted in no wired LAN traffic being passed at all, although all fine by wireless. Reverted back to older firmware downloaded from ftp link on other thread and all ok again. Stay away from this firmware. I wish I'd read this site first as I've wasted 4 hours on a sunday trying to fix it :-(

Pretty poor show by Draytek for it to be so broken but apparently on general release on the firmware site.

• mrmuddley
  • Topic Author
More
21 Jul 2013 19:47 #77040 by mrmuddley
Thats brilliant, thanks Andy

Rolled back the firmware and got an instant internet connection through the lan but then couldn't connect to the ap via wifi. Reset didn't cure it.

Did a factory reset and plain sailing from there. How it should have been the first time. 10 minutes later, lan and wifi both working, happy days.

Thanks very much

More
24 Jul 2013 20:18 #77079 by jcarring
Hi,

I have the same problem. Do you have the link to the FTP site containing the original firmware.

Thanks

Moderators: Sami