Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2860, support for Sky MER?

• mrt0ad
  • Topic Author
More
26 Jul 2013 22:32 #77098 by mrt0ad
Vigor 2860, support for Sky MER? was created by mrt0ad
Hi beautiful people :)

Does the new 2860 range support Sky's MER? Or as its 2850 siblings it does not?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jul 2013 15:24 #77100 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: Vigor 2860, support for Sky MER?
use the 3.7.3 RC4 firmware on the UK site, that can do DHCP option 61 in the right format so it works.
Apparently all you need is the VDSL set to DHCP, with the username and password specified in the client identifier field with a VLAN tag of 101 set (since sky apparently use that too)

More
02 Aug 2013 21:00 #77181 by simonmpoulton
Replied by simonmpoulton on topic Re: Vigor 2860, support for Sky MER?
Bought one of these stupid routers under the assurance from Draytek support that this works. It doesn't work - the field is there but the router cannot get an IP address, clearly the firmware is sending the username/password wrong.

More
04 Aug 2013 18:13 #77186 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: Vigor 2860, support for Sky MER?

simonmpoulton wrote: Bought one of these stupid routers under the assurance from Draytek support that this works. It doesn't work - the field is there but the router cannot get an IP address, clearly the firmware is sending the username/password wrong.

3.7.1 firmware sends the wrong info

3.7.3 RC4 and later (I've checked it myself) do send the correct info in the exact format that the sky router uses.

More
06 Aug 2013 00:34 #77242 by simonmpoulton
Replied by simonmpoulton on topic Re: Vigor 2860, support for Sky MER?

Voodle wrote:

simonmpoulton wrote: Bought one of these stupid routers under the assurance from Draytek support that this works. It doesn't work - the field is there but the router cannot get an IP address, clearly the firmware is sending the username/password wrong.

3.7.1 firmware sends the wrong info

3.7.3 RC4 and later (I've checked it myself) do send the correct info in the exact format that the sky router uses.

Perhaps you could enlighten us as to exactly what settings you changed to make it work I have both 3.7.3 RC4 and RC6, neither version is authenticating for me. Also confirm your Sky username and password contains upper and lower case letters, I have the suspicion that this has something to do with why mine isn't working.

Settings I have tried:
VLAN Tag set to 101
Dynamic/static IP mode
Router name: blank
Obtain IP Address Automatically
DNS set to sky's servers
Username and password entered in the DHCP client ID fields.

More
06 Aug 2013 19:48 #77260 by rorton
Replied by rorton on topic Re: Vigor 2860, support for Sky MER?
Have you tried wirehsharking the interface?

Ive tried this on a 2830, and also cant get it to work. The Sky router sends 28 packets of data in its DHCP request to SKY, but the draytek sends exactly double this, which is where i think things are going wrong.

No one seems to have got a draytek running yet on MER, even though draytek themselves say it works....

Moderators: Sami