DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Port Forwarding Problem!

More
04 Aug 2013 12:20 #77184 by lectrician
Replied by lectrician on topic Re: Port Forwarding Problem!
I would say it MUST be to do with the management ports - swap these to something different. For HTTPS, i use port 9000 and for HTTP i use port 8080.

Screen short of the remote management page?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Aug 2013 18:12 #77185 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: Port Forwarding Problem!
When setting up the extra IPs using WAN IP Alias, do not tick "Join NAT IP pool" for the extra IPs

Try setting a PC to use one of those IPs via NAT - Address Mapping to test whether that public IP works

Since your setup is using VMs, I believe that they would be in bridge mode and each VM has its own MAC so this should be a problem but check whether "ip arp accept 1" and "ip arp accept 3" via telnet then rebooting helps or not.

More
05 Aug 2013 08:57 #77215 by donkeyfumbler
Replied by donkeyfumbler on topic Re: Port Forwarding Problem!
I am having a similar issue with the 2830 and HTTPS forwarding.

I have a single dynamic IP address and am trying to forward HTTPS, HTTP and SSH traffic to an internal (LAN) address. While I can forward SSH (22) and HTTP (80) traffic with no problem, HTTPS (443) simply does not work - the Draytek keeps trying to grab it for itself. I have disabled management from the internet for everything, changed the management ports to something different (even thought it is disabled), tried the Port Redirection and Port Open settings individually and together and still no joy.

I can happily forward port 444 to the internal machines 443 port, but that's not good enough for me as it is an external service I have no control over that HAS to use port 443 and cannot be changed.

I am on the latest firmware.

I can only presume this is a bug, but judging by posts here and elsewhere, it is a fairly longstanding one that effects many Draytek models.

More
05 Aug 2013 09:07 #77216 by donkeyfumbler
Replied by donkeyfumbler on topic Re: Port Forwarding Problem!
Should have read more closely - just seen the post by Babis3g about the SSL VPN and 3.6.4 (which is the firmware I'm on). I shall try the suggestion in the link and see if that works. Cheers !

Edit: And it does - many thanks Babis3g :)

More
06 Aug 2013 18:48 #77258 by asmwp
Replied by asmwp on topic Re: Port Forwarding Problem!
Hi, I have changed all of my management ports some time ago so that I could take control of port 80 & 443 etc. I have now also upgraded to the latest firmware so I will try again and let you know if anything changes.

More
25 Aug 2013 13:55 #77527 by stormuk69
Replied by stormuk69 on topic Re: Port Forwarding Problem!
Firmware update screwed my WORKING server.

Very very poor to release an update that turns this feature on automatically. (SSL VPN)

One of my engineers updated the firmware and I have been away at the time and unable to access anything remotely.

This firmware update has left us without any remote services for the last 4 days and meant I had to waste part of my weekend fixing something that should not need it.

Moderators: Sami