Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860n uPNP?

• gungey
  • Topic Author
More
07 Aug 2013 19:48 #77288 by gungey
2860n uPNP? was created by gungey
Hi folks,

I've just purchased a new 2860n router, however I'm struggling to get it to allow uPNP connections on my network. I'm trying to stream media from a NAS to my PS3, however the PS3 does not detect any media servers. In a like-for-like configuration with my old netgear router, things work fine. As it uses DLNA/uPNP (and both devices can connect to the same VLAN), I can only assume that the problem is with the uPNP config. I've enabled uPNP via the Applications > "enable uPNP service" setting - is there anything else I need to do? Also, what do the two settings underneath do, I couldn't see anything in the manual about this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Aug 2013 22:55 #77292 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: 2860n uPNP?
That's actually multicast traffic, put 3.7.3 RC4 firmware from the draytek UK site on it and that should work.

• gungey
  • Topic Author
More
08 Aug 2013 09:54 #77296 by gungey
Replied by gungey on topic Re: 2860n uPNP?
Thanks Voodle - I've got the latest RC firmware (and recently tried enabling IGMP Proxy/Snooping), but still nothing.

Any other ideas? I can't get my Sonos to work either, which is incredibly frustrating.

I'm getting desperate, as I've tried everything I can think... it's driving me crazy!

More
08 Aug 2013 11:22 #77298 by voodle
turn off IGMP snoop and proxy, those might make things worse

Are you using just the router's wireless or anything else?

When I've been testing similar (cos I use Airplay extensively at home), it's always wireless client to wired airplay thingy, maybe your setup is different and they're both wireless?

• gungey
  • Topic Author
More
08 Aug 2013 14:04 #77305 by gungey
Replied by gungey on topic Re: 2860n uPNP?
Thanks for the reply. For some reason, it has started working now :shock:. No settings changed compared to this morning.

I've got everything wired, with the exception of the iPhone which acts as the Sonos remote.

I'll report back if it fails again!

More
08 Aug 2013 18:24 #77307 by voodle
Hmm that is odd, I actually saw something similar though, going from LAN port to LAN port, my 2830 was breaking multicast traffic but it's started working reliably with newer firmware. maybe contact support if you see it being temperamental like that

Moderators: Sami