DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860n VLAN Windows Sharing problem

• atinsley
  • Topic Author
More
12 Aug 2013 10:10 #77364 by atinsley
2860n VLAN Windows Sharing problem was created by atinsley
Hi, I hope someone here can help - or at least shed some light if this is a known issue, or simply my lack of expertise...

I have upgraded from a 2820n to a 2860n for our organisation (mainly for the extra throughput so we can utilise our 100mb fibre leased line) But on the 2860n turning on VLAN seems to break Windows sharing between wired and wireless stations.

After many hours experitmenting I tried the simplest setup : VLAN0 - all ports P1-P6 and SSIDs included on LAN1 subnet. So all wired and wireless stations are part of the same subnet. With VLAN enabled I cannot access any wired station (eg our shared documents on our server) from a wifi station running Windows 7 or 8. I can however, ping each station fine, and even print to our shared printer, it just seems to be the windows network browsing that doesn't work.

With VLAN disabled it all works fine - which seems to rule out other possible settings ie. firewall, DDos , windows sharing settings, etc.

Is this a known issue - or is there some extra setting required to enable wifi/wired interconnectivity on a VLAN?

BTW, I'm on the latest available firmware 3.7.3RC4 (as unbelievably, 3.7.1 does't even include the option of SSIDs on the VLAN page!)

Until this works, my new router is just an expensivly ineffective hand-warmer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Aug 2013 16:21 #77370 by itsnev
Replied by itsnev on topic Re: 2860n VLAN Windows Sharing problem
Hi,

I have exactly the same problem and I happen to be on 3.7.3_RC6 but a slightly different setup.

I placed SSID2 on VLAN1 in order to configure this as a GUEST Network which is isolated and EVERYTHING else on VLAN0, but NONE of the wireless devices connected to SSID1 on VLAN0 have access to any of the LAN Devices, in this case my SONOS Bridge.

If I disable VLAN it all works again.

Nev

More
14 Aug 2013 01:25 #77397 by itsnev
Hi,

This seems to have been fixed for me with the release of 3.7.3_RC7, although it takes about 30 secs to do the first connection to a device on the LAN from SSID1.

Nev

• atinsley
  • Topic Author
More
14 Aug 2013 09:30 #77401 by atinsley
Replied by atinsley on topic Re: 2860n VLAN Windows Sharing problem
Thanks for the update nev - where can I get hold of RC7 ? Can't find it on the firmware download page...
Al.

• atinsley
  • Topic Author
More
14 Aug 2013 17:51 #77415 by atinsley
Replied by atinsley on topic Re: 2860n VLAN Windows Sharing problem
Nah -still no go. I managed to get RC7 by guessing the URL from the download page ;) simple really.

BUT - still doesn't work. VLAN off = all works fine. VLAN on (VLAN0 = all ports & SSIDs on LAN1) no access from wireless stations using shares or names eg. \\server1\ , although IP addresses do work ...

Al.

More
15 Aug 2013 21:08 #77428 by itsnev
Update from Draytek Support today.

Apologize for the delay. We have verified an issue where the wireless clients can not connect to the LAN clients of the router. The issue has been reported and I will let you know of any updates.

Mine is working, but it takes 30-45 secs just to connect from WIRELESS to LAN when VLAN on....So not really workable.

Nev

Moderators: Sami