Dual Internal LAN configuration.

• scothular
  • Topic Author
More
14 Aug 2013 04:34 #77398 by scothular
Dual Internal LAN configuration. was created by scothular
Hi,

Draytek 2920 Latest firmware.

I am looking for some help setting up two internal LAN's I am a UNIX engineer by trade so have a reasonable grasp of networking, but clearly my network skills need some work :)

I will try to explain what I am after:

Two wireless networks NET1 & NET GUEST both serving DHCP from the Draytek

NET1 - 192.168.60.0/24
NET GUEST - 10.10.10.0/24

The 192.168.60.0/24 network is my standard internal network, with a whole bunch of hosts, a lot of them VM's on ESXi

What I am looking for is to have the 10.10.10.0/24 wireless devices use a proxy server (10.10.10.100) hosted on the ESXi box (as I do with already with the 192.168.60.0/24 network already - different proxy) but I do not want to be able to route any traffic between the two networks.

The only way I can make this work so far is by enabling inter-lan routing, but this defeats my last point.

I assume that I need to setup VLAN tagging, except that it seems it is not possible to tag wlan packets.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated, I have tried a lot of different configs with no success - happy to provide any details that would help!

Cheers!

Scot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Aug 2013 12:50 #77407 by sicon
Replied by sicon on topic Re: Dual Internal LAN configuration.
HI
I don't think you can do it with a 2920, you'd need a 2830, 2850 or 2860 all do tagging an multiple subnets.

The 2920 is just port based IIRC

• scothular
  • Topic Author
More
16 Aug 2013 00:41 #77433 by scothular
Replied by scothular on topic Re: Dual Internal LAN configuration.
Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Turns out it was easy, I must have been half asleep when I first tried.

Just a matter of choosing the correct physical port to add to the VLAN that was using the second LAN subnet, the first time I tried I selected a physical port that did not actually have access the host on my 192.168.60.0/24 network. :oops:

Moderators: Sami