DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Cannot access a user folder on USB disk connected to 2830

• southendsupporter
  • Topic Author
More
15 Aug 2013 12:04 #77419 by southendsupporter
Hi,
I have connected a USB disk to the USB port of a 2830 and have set up a user Geoff with a home folder of "\" which I understand gives access to all folders.
When I try and navigate to a folder on the drive via Explorer (Windows 7 Ultimate) I am asked for username and password.
Just entering just Geoff and the password I set up, it is rejected. It tries to connect using MyPCName\Geoff.
I have tried using the workgroupname\Geoff and hostname\Geoff (as set up on the USB General Settings Page but neither of these work either.

I can access the Public folder on the drive (apparently set up by the router as I didn't!)

Any suggestions anyone?

Geoff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2014 17:59 #78851 by tony_p
hi did you ever get to the bottom of this problem as i have the same issue on a 2820 and 2830 and cant log in with a user i set up on the draytek in the usb setup

• southendsupporter
  • Topic Author
More
24 Jan 2014 18:03 #78852 by southendsupporter
Replied by southendsupporter on topic Re: Cannot access a user folder on USB disk connected to 283

tony_p wrote: hi did you ever get to the bottom of this problem as i have the same issue on a 2820 and 2830 and cant log in with a user i set up on the draytek in the usb setup

Nope :(

Gave up in the end.

More
24 Jan 2014 19:49 #78854 by babis3g
have you tried at System Maintenance >> Admin Setting few options there if will help ... latest firmware 3.6.6.2 is been added few more features including enable access from wan etc
USB Application >> USB General Settings ... Access Mode lan & wan?
also maybe at System Maintenance >> Management if will help there

More
24 Jan 2014 22:16 #78857 by tony_p
Tried all of your ideas babis3g and cant get it to log in to any folder except the puplic folder :!:

More
24 Jan 2014 22:28 #78858 by babis3g
any help with this?
http://www.draytek.com/.upload/pdffiles/4d3554ee6d355a84dc3814ed13f20ef0.pdf
also take a look at main draytek application notes
http://www.draytek.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=category&task=&id=&Itemid=293&lang=en

Moderators: Sami