DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860n & Smart Monitor

• roy.p
  • Topic Author
More
19 Aug 2013 18:28 #77465 by roy.p
2860n & Smart Monitor was created by roy.p
Has anyone managed to get Smart monitor working with the 2860n? I downloaded Version 2.4.3 and set everything up as per the manuals etc. on the home page it says 'Welcome to Smart Monitor v2.4.3 Authenticated with Vigor2860n Recording 30 users AT MOST' so its connected right?

> port sniff status
Port sniffer is ON
sniffer port : P2 (This is connected to the PC with Smart monitor & Correct NIC card selected)
tx/rx port : P1

On the home screen it shows IP address of devices connected to the network and 'Todays Traffic' with some small values (kb) which I don't think is correct.

In the service & user analysis there is no data at all?

Anyone have any idea how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks

Roy

Smart Monitor downloaded from main site, version 2.4.3 running on Windows 7 Home premium.
2860n FW Version 3.7.3RC4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• roy.p
  • Topic Author
More
22 Aug 2013 18:20 #77509 by roy.p
Replied by roy.p on topic Re: 2860n & Smart Monitor
Received new firmware v2860_373_RC9 but it caused problems with the router locking up and requiring hard reboot when certain PC's joined the network :cry:

Also I was told by Support that I can't monitor any WI-Fi connections :evil: why did it not say that in the product information!!!! now i need to buy an access point!! if I have know this then I would have purchased the 2860 not the 2860n :evil:

have reverted back to the RC4 version if the firmware so my kids can join the network on their PC's :evil:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami