Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860n controlling web sites

• pat687565
  • Topic Author
More
02 Sep 2013 15:18 #77582 by pat687565
Replied by pat687565 on topic Re: 2860n controlling web sites

Lorian wrote: Yup.

You create a blacklist with a number of websites in it.
Then you create one firewall (data) rule to block everything on the list for your list of restricted PCs.

As the list only applied to the restricted PCs then it is not applied on other machines.

Sorry to keep you at it, but for the restricted IPs I would want to create a whitelist of around 40 sites, all others blocked, and then as we said all other IPs can brose openly. Must read the manual of course, but it is a whopper!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Sep 2013 16:33 #77584 by lorian
Replied by lorian on topic Re: 2860n controlling web sites
Whitelist option is in there too, I don't use it, you will just be doing things the other way round to me. I will try and remember to check how sites can be added to one list when I get home later.

More
02 Sep 2013 18:21 #77585 by lorian
Replied by lorian on topic Re: 2860n controlling web sites
The setup wasn't quite as I'd remembered, I set up so many routers.

You can add up to 200 keyword options - websites
You can add all these to a keyword group
Then create a URL content filtering profile based on the keyword group selection and action pass
Then you'll need a couple of firewall rules to block everything on these PCs and one and to allow the whitelist on them.

Something like that anyway. No warranty given!

• pat687565
  • Topic Author
More
02 Sep 2013 19:19 #77587 by pat687565
Replied by pat687565 on topic Re: 2860n controlling web sites

Lorian wrote: The setup wasn't quite as I'd remembered, I set up so many routers.

You can add up to 200 keyword options - websites
You can add all these to a keyword group
Then create a URL content filtering profile based on the keyword group selection and action pass
Then you'll need a couple of firewall rules to block everything on these PCs and one and to allow the whitelist on them.

Something like that anyway. No warranty given!

Many thanks for all this. I thought/assumed it could be done but have been let down a few times by that approach. The BT replacement for the 2700 business hub has such crippled firmware, doesn't even do content filtering... I'm ordering the 2860n today. Many thanks again.

Moderators: Sami