DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2760n Quick Start Wizard not appearing

• tomfluent
  • Topic Author
More
02 Sep 2013 22:13 #77588 by tomfluent
I have just opened up a brand new Vigor 2760n and when I access the web page via admin/admin on 192.168.1.1 the QUICK START WIZARD is simply not showing either on the WIZARD menu or the top right.

I have upgraded to the firmware to the very latest beta version and still no menu

Clearly I am missing something - please advise?

This is my first time to configure a Draytek router

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Sep 2013 08:44 #77589 by babis3g
Hi ... for quick start guide see this page
http://www.draytek.net.nz/draytek/support/vigor2760-quickstart/
Almost anything it works with the profile which you have created at wan section and you can add, edit or delete with the way showing the screenshot
http://www.draytek.net.nz/assets/draytek/setup7-vdsl.gif
User guide here
ftp://ftp.draytek.pl/Seria_2760/Instrukcje/
Other users mentioned is not working the quick start wizard so i would say to keep or load the latest firmware (following by manual master reset) and go at network wan and add manually the settings for connection there
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/download/v2760_120RC2a.zip

ALSO try an other web browser ... it may helps to load the quick start wizard or keep refreshing the quick start wizard page but you may have to wait some time if appears because with firmware 1.2.0 dashboard & quick start guide is slow)

More
05 Sep 2013 11:52 #77611 by admin
Possibly the QSW was not included because it's not very useful and doesn't do much
that you can't do in a few seconds in the regular menus, which you might still have to
access anyway after the QSW, so don't worry!

Forum Administrator

More
14 Sep 2013 19:14 #77689 by toekneem

Possibly the QSG was not included because it's not very useful and doesn't do much
that you can't do in a few seconds in the regular menus, which you might still have to
access anyway after the QSW, so don't worry!

The User Guide says it is available, whether it's usefull or not is not the point.

It could possibly be a browser problem, but if not then it almost certainly is a Draytek problem. The QSW is designed more for users who maybe don't have the expert knowledge that others have and not having the QSW could lead to wasted calls to support.

To be honest, I think it's a poor show that the OP has trouble from the box like he has when it appears that it hasn't been tested properly in the outside world. Draytek should have checked it against all browsers and if the QSW was found to be buggy should have sorted it before it went on general sale.

More
15 Sep 2013 02:15 #77692 by babis3g
Hi ... Hope you are well :) ... you are right but the current firmware the OP used ... is a beta ... so something may not works perfect or missing ... i think is browser issue ... at an other thread 1.2.0RC2a was mentioned IE works better ... but i am with you ... Draytek should test with other browsers, so hope when the firmware is ready will work fine at the release stage

More
16 Sep 2013 03:44 #77697 by admin

toekneem wrote:
To be honest, I think it's a poor show that the OP has trouble from the box like he has when it appears that it hasn't been tested properly in the outside world..

I don't understand your point... who said it's a bug, a browser problem or poorly tested? I suggested that it hadn't been included (or removed perhaps) and that's perhaps because it's not very useful. Even for the novice, setup is very easy, as shown here:

http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb/kb_vigor2760_setup.html

That probably takes the same time as a QSW and includes the correct settings for the UK.

Forum Administrator

Moderators: Sami