DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2760n Quick Start Wizard not appearing

More
16 Sep 2013 19:35 #77700 by toekneem

admin wrote:

toekneem wrote:
To be honest, I think it's a poor show that the OP has trouble from the box like he has when it appears that it hasn't been tested properly in the outside world..

I don't understand your point... who said it's a bug, a browser problem or poorly tested? I suggested that it hadn't been included (or removed perhaps) and that's perhaps because it's not very useful. Even for the novice, setup is very easy, as shown here:

http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb/kb_vigor2760_setup.html

That probably takes the same time as a QSW and includes the correct settings for the UK.

Well if you read the post, it certainly was not me that said it was a BUG. All that was said was that "it could be a browser problem" and if it was'nt a browser problem, then it could only be a problem that concerned Draytek. I'm sure its not Netgears problem or Billions or any other suppliers problem.
Poorly tested was aimed at Draytek either for not knowing that the QSW was not working , sometimes or never, and if not in the GUI should be informing the customer by the use of "addendums".

You may also be right in that "it hadn't been included or removed perhaps" but again most manufactures include "Addendums" in the box so customers who might need the supposedly easier QSW will know its not available in the GUI.

Anyway this would not put me off purchasing the Draytek 2760 as I myself do not use QSW or CD's to set up modem/routers, but I will wait to see if any problems do occur in the next couple of months.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Sep 2013 09:05 #77704 by babis3g

toekneem wrote:

toekneem wrote:
Anyway this would not put me off purchasing the Draytek 2760 as I myself do not use QSW or CD's to set up modem/routers, but I will wait to see if any problems do occur in the next couple of months.

The modem part has a Lantiq same as the BCI focus so same exchanges should be no problem but also broadcom exchanges with the huawei should work fine as BT was giving them 2 modems rice versa on their service

The wifi is a ralink and even has only 2 antennas, is way more stronger so longer range than my 2850n & 2830n but is only 2.4G

Draytek is planning to add tweak snr values for adsl users but not sure if will work and for vdsl ... i know your are more expert so do you think is possible to teak snr values with vdsl(fttc) ??? ... Thanks

As for bug ... keep an eye in the forum ...

If you ever go for it ... keep an eye at bads or broadbandbuyer their have used items from time to time with a small period of warranty ... my guess is that if they will make any problem will show it right away ... also if you can wait few days the price of the used items, i think is going lower day by day

More
19 Sep 2013 22:51 #77738 by toekneem

babis3g wrote:
Draytek is planning to add tweak snr values for adsl users but not sure if will work and for vdsl ...

Remember doing this on adsl with the old speedtouch, certainly helped on adsl, not sure if it can be done on vdsl. Lets see what they come up with

babis3g wrote:

i know your are more expert...... [/quote"]
Flattery will get you no where :oops: No I am just a normal user who likes trying new equipment

babis3g wrote:
If you ever go for it ... keep an eye at bads or broadbandbuyer their have used items from time to time with a small period of warranty ... my guess is that if they will make any problem will show it right away ... also if you can wait few days the price of the used items, i think is going lower day by day

Yes I always keep an eye on broadbandbuyer, very good company.

Take care babis3g

More
24 Sep 2013 18:15 #77774 by babis3g
hi guys ... there is a new RC4 beta http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18734 & quich start wizard working ok ... i have test tit to connect after the firmware update ( i have done master reset)

Moderators: Sami