DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2760 browser comatibility

More
08 Sep 2013 08:44 #77630 by surfermc
2760 browser comatibility was created by surfermc
I've just upgrade from my venerable 2600G to a brand new 2760n. The performance has improved significantly.

However I'm having a few fun and games configuring the new router, due to different options being available with different firmware versions in different browsers. Being a bit of a fiddler I always like to have the latest available firmware, but usually don't go for beta versions.
So I started with v1.1.1 and configured this successfully using Chrome, albeit it was difficult to select the tickbox to configure the WAN/DSL settings. I just thought this is a little strange and carried on. The wireless settings worked fine, select the SSID, click edit and enter the settings. I then noticed that the Wireless LED was not working although the WIFI was working fine. So I had a look on the forums and there was a mention of problams with v1.1.1.

I thought I'd give v1.2.0RC2a a go. I upgraded successfully using Chrome, but after reboot the dashboard was not displayed. Not a big problem I can live without the dashboard. I then went to try and configure the WAN/DSL settings. I was unable to select the line to edit. I then fired up IE, not something I do very often. The login screen was different offering me a Language option, the dashboard displayed, there is a ScreenSaver Logout on the menubar. I can configure the WAN/DSL with no issues. I then tried to setup the wireless. I clicked wildly around the screen in IE but there were no options to edit and change the SSID name or the password. So I reverted back to Chrome and magically I'm able to select a SSID row and an SSID table as a popup appears where I can enter the required values.

So in conclusion if you make sure you have IE or Firefox or Opera to setup the WAN/DSL and Chrome to setup the Wireless in v1.2.0RC2a everything will be fine. Looks like a disjointed development to me :)

Has anyone else experienced similar problems?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Sep 2013 22:14 #77633 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2760 browser comatibility
With chrome i tried, did not had much problems apart the dash board it will delay to appear or need few times refresh but this beta is good improvement compare to 1.1.1 ... plus added ipv6 (not test it yet)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami