AP800 Wireless bridge stability issues.

• bigmonmulgrew
  • Topic Author
More
10 Sep 2013 14:43 #77657 by bigmonmulgrew
AP800 Wireless bridge stability issues. was created by bigmonmulgrew
I have 2 AP800s setup as a wireless bridge

Both are set as AP Bridge-WDS

I keep getting some stability issues with the wireless connection. Occasionally anything the other side of the bridge is inaccessible including the AP800. Other times the connection is just slow and other times its great.

I've checked with the wifi analyzer on my phone and theres no wifi congestion to worry about. I can pick one AP800 up fromthe location of the other with the wifi analyser showing -60 tp -70 dbm which should be good enough for a stable signal and I'm assuming the AP itself is better at picking up wifi than a phone.

Any ideas what may be causing the dropouts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Sep 2013 22:09 #77662 by oneofsorts
Replied by oneofsorts on topic Re: AP800 Wireless bridge stability issues.
Hi bigmonmulgrew,

In the same boat, but with a few other issues as well, I have ap-1 attached to a router and ap-2 overlapping the over by around 50-60%. very slow throughout put even if repeating does mean halving radio throughout put on retransmission. Another issue I have come across is dhcp problems and dns. devices connected to ap-2 do not receive ip addresses or are able to resolve domain names?

Things I have tried which have sort of helped but are have not beenreally helpfully. Setting encryption to wpa or none at all helped with speeds. Setting channel bandwidth to 20mhz instead of 40mhz. Reducing radio power.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami