DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Will firmware update affect settings

• bigmonmulgrew
  • Topic Author
More
10 Sep 2013 14:45 #77658 by bigmonmulgrew
Will firmware update affect settings was created by bigmonmulgrew
I'd like to update both of my AP800 from firmware version 1.0.3.1 to the latest. One of them is in a difficult to reach place. Will I have to reset them and manually update/re-enter the settings or can I apply the firmware update and the settings will carry over. Assuming all goes well of course.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Sep 2013 15:35 #77660 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Will firmware update affect settings
If is really not easy, i would say to update with the supplied *all file as you mentioned ... it should be ok ... but because few major functions was updated since then ... if you have issues just roll back the firmware, if you can not perform master reset and all settings back from the begin

From DrayTek UK

The .ALL file contains the router's firmware. If you flash the .ALL file, the router should retain all of its existing settings and after it has flashed and rebooted will resume normal operation automatically. Never change the filename or attempt to alter/edit the firmware file.

If you are making a major firmware upgrade (for example where the first digit changes, say 1.5 to 2.6), or where the readme.txt notes recommend it, you should use the RST file which will clear all existing router settings. The RST file is also necessary if your router has corrupted firmware, or invalid settings which cause it to malfunction.

• bigmonmulgrew
  • Topic Author
More
10 Sep 2013 15:45 #77661 by bigmonmulgrew
Replied by bigmonmulgrew on topic Re: Will firmware update affect settings
Thanks a lot for that. I can get to the AP if necessary its just a pain in the backside. If it should go fine then I'll go ahead and flash it.

Moderators: Sami