Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

vigor 2760n routing issues?

• oneofsorts
  • Topic Author
More
10 Sep 2013 22:55 #77663 by oneofsorts
vigor 2760n routing issues? was created by oneofsorts
Hi Guys

We have been experiment with draytek equipment i.e ap800 and Vigor 2760n. So far mixed views on both products. Although both are super solid and robust they have not come without serious issues.

My main focus will be the 2760n but I would also like to address the ap800 to see if I can get any tips on configuring.

Ap800 as a simply access point is pretty much Flawless! but in some of our customer's homes that we work in, there is no cat5-6 infrastructure and going the PLN method over powerline can be pretty much pointless due old wiring.

This is were I thought the ap800 would shine through hopefully using 2 or more ap800's in wds or repeater mode. . AP800 just becomes too unstable. Through output changes like the wind, AP-1 Connected to router Devices connected to AP-2 Unable to receive Ip address or resolve domain names.

Having two dhcp servers is a no no but in emergencies I had no choice and had to go with it.. Then another issue would flare up, routing issues. Devices connected to lets say AP-1 which is directly connected to router Devices are unable to ping Devices connected to AP-2 which is in repeater mode and has DHCP Server enable. I have tried updating firmware nothing fixes our issues.

On to my main concern which is 2760n. In my ideal world this really is a superb router, that is in the ideal world, so far it has been nothing but trouble for us. seems to have some sort of routing issues with apple's mdns and also sonos, Alot of our clients go with the sonos devices and apple devices and services. So far latest rc1 firmware for 2760n seems to of fixed the sonos issue and apple control problem. The problem was to do with wifi encryption. While setting the router to use wpa2/psk apple devices only! were unable to controller or see sonos devices, Android devices had no issues. Setting the encryption to wpa/psk and lo and behold apple devices are able to see and control sonos.

Our biggest problem has been air print and compatible Air Print Printers, Once routing through the 2760 Apple devices as well as Android devices are unable to see the printer. we tried a test, put a HP printer and an ap800 in repeater (repeating from 2760n) mode in a different room. while outside the room apple devices could not see the printer due to be while associated with 2760n. As soon as we took the devices into the room and the devices associated themselves with ap800, airprint worked with no problems including other apple services . walk out the room then devices associate with 2760, that's were it gets a bit tricky, at times devices remain able to see printer other times printer just disappears.

We have actually had to remove a few installed 2760n in customers homes just because of the apple issues and air print.

Any ideas on the above with be greatly appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Sep 2013 12:50 #77667 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: vigor 2760n routing issues?
Hi only posting from the firmware upgrade part of the problem ... latest is 1.2.0RC2a from UK download pages with ipv6 as well (note dashboard is slow or need IE to work better) ... if you have time to load it and after master reset it to avoid previous firmwares conflicts and see if most of the issues was fixed

I also would suggest to contact the support team because if they know the specific problems ... may look into it, faster ... also they may have a newer beta out by now

• oneofsorts
  • Topic Author
More
11 Sep 2013 22:48 #77674 by oneofsorts
Replied by oneofsorts on topic Re: vigor 2760n routing issues?
Hi babis3g,

Thank you very much for your reply really appreciated ,

wow didn't know there was an rc2 release already, thanks for the heads up.

I have been in touch with draytek about this issue, but not much has really come back at the moment.

I will give rc2 a test run, are there any release notes available with this update? maybe what has been fixed updated and so on?

More
12 Sep 2013 00:24 #77675 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: vigor 2760n routing issues?
No release note as you see from the download page ... but the wifi led is working now ... ipv6 added but not via PPP ... bandwidth limit added for wifi (wlan) ... at lan is enable bind ip to mac that was missing from 1.1.1 and from previous firmwares ... some small features added and in general seems some break ups is fixed and few users are more happy
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=18548
and also they are planning for SNR tweak value (perhaps only adsl users) ... so if you are in touch with them please mention about it ... it may help to be added faster (maybe with next firmware :mrgreen: ) ...

Hope you will sort your problem as well ... :)

Edit
Dashboard is slow ... or will not load ...according to threads here IE is working better for dashboard but with chrome i use is not bad

Moderators: Sami