Vigor 2820 Restrict Port 25 to Mail Server

• angry sys admin
  • Topic Author
More
12 Sep 2013 09:12 #77676 by angry sys admin
Vigor 2820 Restrict Port 25 to Mail Server was created by angry sys admin
Hi All.

I have a customer with a Draytek Vigor 2820 on firmware 3.2.0

They have recently had the displeasure of being blacklisted due to one or more of their PCs being infected with a Trojan that was spamming every man and his dog in cyber space.

Although the PCs have all been cleaned I need to configure the firewall on the Draytek so only the exchange server is able to transmit traffic on port 25 so even if they become re-infected the spam bot will not be able to use its own engine on port 25.

Can someone help me out with this?

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2013 13:41 #77677 by sicon
1. create a rule that blocks all port 25 and 110 from LAN to WAN and action to be "Block Unless further match"

2. Create a rule for the IP address of the mail for the above ports and the Action "Pass Immediately "

the date filter works top down so its need to be in the order above

• angry sys admin
  • Topic Author
More
12 Sep 2013 14:05 #77679 by angry sys admin
Replied by angry sys admin on topic Re: Vigor 2820 Restrict Port 25 to Mail Server
thanks

Do I need to make two separate rules for port 25 and port 110 as in the rule I can only specify a single port or port range.

More
12 Sep 2013 14:21 #77680 by weehappypixie
Replied by weehappypixie on topic Re: Vigor 2820 Restrict Port 25 to Mail Server
Depending on the firmware version you can create an Service Group. First create a Service Type Object for each service then add these to a Service Type Group. Now you can select the group name in your firewall rule.

John

Moderators: Sami