Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Multi WAN

• magelan_2000
  • Topic Author
More
12 Sep 2013 18:11 #77683 by magelan_2000
Multi WAN was created by magelan_2000
Hello Everyone,

I have been advised by a Draytek employee on sales line that in order to get more than 4 WANs I need a new Vigor 3900 and a VigorSwitch G2240.
I have bought both of these fairly expensive bits of kit and now have difficult time getting help to configure them.

The step-by-step instruction describes what I need to do in the Vigor 3900 and VigorSwitch G2260 (which is not the same as G2240 in the UI).
Draytek support has directed me to the web page that is an exact copy of the manual I have already seen (about G2260) and not able to figure it out. No further replies to my requests are forthcoming from Draytek...

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Dmitriy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2013 21:09 #77684 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Multi WAN
It certainly can be done with those products; chase your support contact - they should reply so perhaps
there is a problem with their replies reaching you.

Forum Administrator

• magelan_2000
  • Topic Author
More
07 Jan 2014 09:01 #78669 by magelan_2000
Replied by magelan_2000 on topic Re: Multi WAN
Difficult time to set this multi-WAN option but now it seems to work. Not sure how because support answers are never complete and very limited in extra information.
Playing around with options and switches I finally managed to get a WAN connected on the VLAN but I wonder if it may not be running to the best of the options available and what do those options mean.
I am quite new to the world of VLANs and all the info I managed to find seems to describe Cisco, Netgear, TP-LINK but almost nothing on Draytek.
I think I get the idea of Tags and how things get directed about the network based on that. What I would like to know now is whether there is any info on when those multiple VigorSwitch options applied to port traffic. What direction of traffic commands application of tags or untagging. An option would say port but little info of the traffic direction.
Any help on that front?

Moderators: Sami