DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2760n v1.2.0 beta Firmware

• stevewood
  • Topic Author
More
16 Sep 2013 22:20 #77703 by stevewood
2760n v1.2.0 beta Firmware was created by stevewood
Thought I'd share a finding on the RC2a version of this beta firmware...

Under Network, NAT, Virtual Host I needed to set up a number of open ports to a couple of computers on my LAN.

Opening ports to these Virtual Hosts seemed host to work for some ports but not others. You create a record for each and then once it's defined with its local ip address you can attach sub-records to it, each detailing a port or range of ports to be forwarded to that address. In each case only the first record under each one seemed to be working.

I redefined the hosts with just one port range under each one. This meant that I actually had more than one for each physical computer, but as long as I gave a different descriptive name to each it was happy. Now I only had one record per 'host', and now my open ports all worked.

Hopefully this will get fixed but at least it gave me a workaround...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2013 16:37 #77746 by cbsys
Replied by cbsys on topic Re: 2760n v1.2.0 beta Firmware
How anyone can release a product to market in such a dire and unusable state is unbelievable!

The SOHO range of routers seems to get worse with every generation - 2710's were fine, 2750's were quite bad but at least most of the standard features worked... dont get me started about how bad the 2760s are, the phrase "not fit for purpose" comes to mind!

More
21 Sep 2013 09:53 #77752 by sparkymarcopolo
Replied by sparkymarcopolo on topic Re: 2760n v1.2.0 beta Firmware
not just RC2, RC3 wiped my config and reported the config backup I did prior to upgrading as 'invalid'

It's a j0k3, for heavens sake get some developers that know that they are doing!!!

More
24 Sep 2013 09:44 #77765 by andyfitter
Replied by andyfitter on topic Re: 2760n v1.2.0 beta Firmware
Seems that there's an RC4 version now. Wonder if this is better or worse, it's usually a gamble :-(

More
24 Sep 2013 11:42 #77770 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2760n v1.2.0 beta Firmware

andyfitter wrote: Seems that there's an RC4 version now. Wonder if this is better or worse, it's usually a gamble :-(

Thanks bingo ... http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/download/v2760_120RC4.zip
This beta RC4 file is larger ... they must added extra features 100% :)
Not have time to test it but soon

More
24 Sep 2013 17:23 #77773 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2760n v1.2.0 beta Firmware

babis3g wrote:

andyfitter wrote: Seems that there's an RC4 version now. Wonder if this is better or worse, it's usually a gamble :-(

Thanks bingo ... http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/download/v2760_120RC4.zip
This beta RC4 file is larger ... they must added extra features 100% :)
Not have time to test it but soon

Well ... i gave a go
The firmware RC4 at the moment seems performs well at least with chrome ( have done master reset and back all settings from the begin)
No delays at dashboard
quick start guide is working
the wlan led still flashing (not sure if like this by default) but the coverage is much greater with this model
everything seems is loading faster(hasn't freeze until now)
& i have manage to work it (adsl) with ipv6 & 6rd ( i am down in Greece at the moment for few months)
http://www.adslgr.com/forum/threads/746525-DrayTek-models-IPv6-%CE%9F%CE%A4%CE%95-(adsl)?p=5193784#post5193784
post #6

I think this is the one ... i should wait for adsl snr tweak values soon 8)

Moderators: Sami