Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek Vigor 2850N FTTC Dropouts

• bobbyi986
  • Topic Author
More
18 Sep 2013 12:19 #77716 by bobbyi986
Draytek Vigor 2850N FTTC Dropouts was created by bobbyi986
Hello,

I am having frequent disconnections with my Draytek 2850N using PlusNet FTTC service.

Ever since the service was installed I was having a lot of disconnections, I used the 2850 since the service was installed and never used the BT VDSL modem.

I have checked all internal wiring and everything is okay, also done BT quiet line test, no noise on the line.

PlusNet have checked the line and reported no faults, so I'm not sure why I keep having these frequent disconnections.

I am talking about 5 or 6 drop outs per day, causing DLM to drop my line speed.

Please could you take a look at my VDSL model logs and let me you if there are any errors and why they are taking place.

Many Thanks for any replies :)

Link to Modem log: http: //nolimits4it.com/bobby/modem.txt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Sep 2013 13:53 #77717 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Draytek Vigor 2850N FTTC Dropouts
Latest firmware is 3.6.4.1 if you want give a try ... they have a small fix for vdsl speeds & stability (use of *rst* file and the settings back from the begin manaully)
ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2850/Firmware/v3.6.4.1/
draytek mentioned at latest released notes if still problem to contact them for different vdsl firmware ... so I would say to contact the support
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/techquery.html
or

For VDSL IOP issue, please contact with support@draytek.com for different VDSL
firmware.

About the log did not look into it because chrome see it as malware and denied access ... sorry

• bobbyi986
  • Topic Author
More
18 Sep 2013 16:19 #77718 by bobbyi986
Replied by bobbyi986 on topic Re: Draytek Vigor 2850N FTTC Dropouts
Hi,

Thanks for the Firmware, I thought I was running the latest version but obviously not. I have applied v3.6.4.1 Annex A 232201.

I will see how I get on with this firmware applied. I will just need to give PlusNet a call now to get BT to Reset my BRAS profile back to 80/20 and let that awful DLM adjust my line hopefully back to 57Mbit.

If I still have problems I will contact support for other modem firmware as you suggested.

Many thanks for you help, really appreciate it.

Moderators: Sami