DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Installed vigor IPPBX 2820 firmware on Vigor 2820

• steve14
  • Topic Author
More
18 Sep 2013 17:26 #77719 by steve14
Hi,
I have mistakenly installed the vigor IPPBX 2820 firmware on my Vigor 2820. I have factory reset the device, but now I'm unable to connect or ping the device on 192.168.1.1.

I have completely broken the router or is there a way to fix it?

Thanks for any help.

Regards
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Sep 2013 20:18 #77720 by babis3g
Try a router reflash:

Get the Firmware Upgrade V.3.6.5 (Windows) tool from UK support (down of their page, guessing you have windows) ... unzip it

Latest firmware is 3.3.7.4 & use 232201 modem code, which is fine for most lines
ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2820/Firmware/v3.3.7.4/Annex%20A/
Note you need to use the *rst* file and Not the *all*

follow this order to avoid time outs (have the upgrade tool ready and stand by first)

-Disable temporary firewall at pc
-use ethernet cable & not via wifi

-open the utility upgrade tool 3.6.5
-Check the ip with use the search/browse button right of the box where typing the IP address ...if not appears the IP after the search try & type 192.168.1.1
-load 3.3.7.4 the rst file(will delete all setting from mismatching the IPPBX firmware)
-password leave it blank
- leave there the upgrade tool open & stand by ...

While the 2820 is off ... press and hold gently the small reset hall button ... turn on the modem while the reset button is still under gently press ... and while the leds flashing ... let go the small reset button ... and press the send button at the upgrade tool before the leds at modem stops flashing fast

If any problem check again the IP address via the search button to be the correct one

• steve14
  • Topic Author
More
19 Sep 2013 09:32 #77722 by steve14
Hi Babis3g,
That worked. Thank you very much you are a life saver! :D

Can I just ask what the difference is with all those different firmwares? Would there be a reason to use a different one?

The reason I upgraded in the first place was because I was having trouble with the URL content filter working some of the time and not others.

Regards
Steve

More
19 Sep 2013 10:24 #77725 by babis3g
If you mean the 3.3.7.3 or 3.3.7.4 etc ... are bugs fixes or updates/new features ... if you mean the 232201 or 2471201 etc (modem codes) are for compatibility with the local dslam only
If you have problem with the url filter maybe some one else can advise here or contact the support ... sorry never used the filters ... (only for home use here) :oops:
All firmwares of you model can be find here ... ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2820/Firmware/

for working in good order have a look at the notes releases which is coming with each firmware

For the users who still use Firmware Version 3.3.5 (and before):
Because the functions and WUI on Firmware Version 3.3.5 (and before) are different with Firmware
Version 3.3.7.2 and later, we strongly suggest you to download the file (V3.3.5.2) from the
following FTP first.
ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2820/Firmware/
Upgrade your router with Version 3.3.5.2 first, and last, upgrade the router with Version 3.3.7.2. or later

also few infos about filtering
http://www.draytek.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&task=category&id=97:firewall&Itemid=293&lang=en
http://www.draytek.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=2764:more-information-about-url-content-filter&Itemid=293&lang=en
You also go at firewall main page if needs any adjustments there

Moderators: Sami