DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2760 - possibly the WORST router ever made??

• cbsys
  • Topic Author
More
20 Sep 2013 09:49 #77739 by cbsys
Got our first Draytek V2760 router in stock today for testing, and Im shocked by the extremely poor quality of this model!

We thought the v2750 were bad enough with their incompatibilities but the v2760 meant to replace it is shocking! :shock: :shock:

FIRSTLY - the build quality, Draytek what on earth happened?? This looks and feels like a cheap £20 router now! Even a TP link looks better made than this!

When we tested this unit on a BT infinity line, it would sync but not login. Hey just noticed - where's the setting for WAN vLAN? We need to put a "101" in there. Surprisingly in "both" mode the vLAN setting doesnt appear, it only appears on VDSL only

So... we set VDSL only and the vLAN set to 101

Next the router drops off the lan completely! you cant ping it, nothing.
So we reboot.....
Briefly it starts to respond to pings, then once the VDSL has sync the LAN IP drops off the network again!

After several tries of that, we factory reset
Its fine... UNTIL you save the VDSL settings with the vlan ID....
Then sure enough, it drops off the LAN altogether and you cant ping it.

This must be the WORST router draytek have ever released, come on guys...dont you ever test these things ????

Suffice to say we wont be selling any of these units, they look cheap to start with, and are completely unusable!
:x :x :x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cbsys
  • Topic Author
More
20 Sep 2013 09:56 #77740 by cbsys
Looks like Im not the only one with these problems!
How anyone can release a router to market in such an unusable state is beyond me! :( :(

http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18578

More
20 Sep 2013 10:17 #77741 by babis3g
Them are the latest betas ... are much better & try to master reset it because is the *all* file ... 1.2.0RC2a ... or ... 1.2.0RC3a
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/download/v2760_120RC2a.zip
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/download/v2760_120RC3a.zip

More
23 Sep 2013 08:28 #77759 by sparkymarcopolo
Replied by sparkymarcopolo on topic Re: Vigor 2760 - possibly the WORST router ever made??
Have to agree on all points, it does look cheap which was my first impression. I came from a 2710vn and I thought that was ok.

The interface is slow and cumbersome which some areas requiring a double 'apply' to save changes. I haven't tried the interface on a PC running Chrome because my primary computer is a Mac.

Having got it up and running relatively quick, I decided to upgrade the firmware which was a big mistake.

Since being recommended RC3, the experience was little improvement, backup of config wouldn't restore to RC3 so I had to re-enter pretty much everything and the interface layout is even worse.

My recommendation would be, scrap the pretty flashing and swanky looking dashboard and concentrate on the basics. Oh and try to ensure what you release actually works because my next router won't be Draytek at this rate.

More
28 Sep 2013 11:53 #77806 by calibre74
Had similiar issues with my 2760
Firmware 1.1.1 was utterly useless
Firmware 1.2.0RC2a works but finding some services disconnect and reconnect frequency, e.g. remote desktop.
Now trying RC3a but seems worse!
Thinking of going back to Openreach modem + 2820. Half the speed but more reliable.

More
28 Sep 2013 13:04 #77807 by babis3g
disconnection / reconnection for adsl & ipv6 ... please support give a good go to sort it ... the other features added was great

Moderators: Sami