Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Bandwidth Management on 2850n [SOLVED]

• essdeeay
  • Topic Author
More
20 Sep 2013 13:35 #77744 by essdeeay
Bandwidth Management on 2850n [SOLVED] was created by essdeeay
Hello,

I have a 2850n and want to restrict the entire network to a specific bandwidth. I went into the "Bandwidth Limit" section, clicked "Enable" and change the Default TX/RX limits to 1000 and 4000 (kbps) before clicking OK.

However, when I do a test from a system on the LAN to an external system using iperf, I'm still getting 9.25 down and 7.65 up. Have I missed anything?

Many thanks,
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2013 18:54 #77747 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Bandwidth Management on 2850n
Check if you have enable the page & maybe needs an ip to set
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb_vigor_session_limit.html

• essdeeay
  • Topic Author
More
20 Sep 2013 23:42 #77750 by essdeeay
Replied by essdeeay on topic Re: Bandwidth Management on 2850n
Yup, that's what I did... enabled the page. I also tried with and without specific IP ranges... no difference, it doesn't seem to limit bandwidth.

Steve

More
21 Sep 2013 16:42 #77753 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Bandwidth Management on 2850n
maybe try a different firmware? 3.6.4.1 is the latest ... which one have you got?

More
24 Sep 2013 05:33 #77764 by babage
Replied by babage on topic Re: Bandwidth Management on 2850n
I have a 2850n and want to restrict the entire network to a specific bandwidth. I went into the "Bandwidth Limit" section, clicked "Enable" and change the Default TX/RX limits to 1000 and 4000 (kbps) before clicking OK.
Prague is the capital and largest city of the Czech Republic. It is the fourteenth-largest city in the European Union. It is also the historical capital of Bohemia proper. Wikipedia

zahid

• essdeeay
  • Topic Author
More
24 Sep 2013 23:20 #77775 by essdeeay
Replied by essdeeay on topic Re: Bandwidth Management on 2850n
Actually, the bandwidth setting *seems* to be working but the figures don't reflect how much...

I use http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iperf as the testing tool, which requires a client on one end and a server on the other.

When bandwidth limit is DISABLED, I get a throughput of 13.5 Mbits/sec (the maximum on this line)
When bandwidth limit is enabled (TX=1000 Kbps, RX=1000 Kbps), I get a throughput of 6 Mbits/sec
When bandwidth limit is enabled (TX=500 Kbps, RX=500 Kbps), I get a throughput of 4 Mbits/sec
When bandwidth limit is enabled (TX=500 Kbps, RX=500 Kbps), I get a throughput of 2 Mbits/sec

So, it's obviously working, but how do these iperf testing figures correlate with the bandwidth restriction setting in the router - I just don't understand.

Steve

Moderators: Sami