DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

DHCP - VLAN - Mobile Devices -> No IP

More
27 Sep 2013 17:37 #77797 by jomos
Hi,

We have a Vigor 2850 which we have setup to provide 3 separate VLANS which will be used for 3 separate wireless SSIDs. Each of the VLANS was setup to provide a different range of IP addresses via DHCP from the vigor 2850.

The 2850 (port 1 carrying 3 vlans) is connected to a managed switch (meraki) via a trunk port which is then connected to a range of Wireless Access Points.

We managed to get the everything setup properly, however during testing we found that we could connect to the SSIDs from a PC or laptop, however when we tried connecting using any mobile devices (iphone, Samsung Galaxy S4, Ipad, etc), none of these devices could connect.

The meraki people Looked deeper and it seems like the DHCP request got all the way to the vigor 2850, but somehow the router was then returning untagged IP addresses and mobile devices could not connect.

This appears to be a bug on the existing 3.6.4 firmware release and it seems to be affecting other Vigor Models ( see http://community.spiceworks.com/topic/356113-vigor-2920fvn-vlan-mobile-devices-unable-to-get-ip)

I've spoken to support and I have been given 3 separate release candidates for the next version of firmware but these either introduce other problems or just simply crash my router.

Has anyone else experienced this problem ? did you managed to get a solution? This is becoming urgent for us and unless we find a solution soon we will have to start looking at other different brands.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2013 12:05 #77809 by jomos
Just to add that this problem also seems to affect the Vigor 2920Fvn. Since i cannot post any links, you could do a search for

Vigor 2920Fvn VLAN - Mobile devices unable to get IP

And the post describes quite well what the problem is. It is quite a big problem for a business if the vLan functionality does not work well to the point that you end up with mobile devices not being able to connect to the wireless!

Still awaiting a response from DrayTek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami