• truetax311
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
02 Oct 2013 08:01 #77829 by truetax311
Router did not start after power off was created by truetax311
Hi,

I am using Draytek router of Vigro2110Vn. This router is work fine when I buy this one. But last week ago I have to do power off because of server side power work so I do swith off router. Before this I switch off many times whenever I need and Its work properly when I switch on router than start in 1 or 2minutes.

I do switch on router and than I see router did not start properly I wait 10minute but nothing happen. Its status is Phone1, Phone2, USB, WPS button, ACT, WLAN led is yellow continues on and others all off and also some sound like hmmmm. I switch off again and switch on but same status. I change plug and also check power continuity but nothing that side. I unplug all cables but nothing. I switch off and on 3 or 4 times but same status comes. Now, I think router is fail or something like.

After, I do on router and do some other works. after 30minute I am return back, I seen router is start properly and all led is blinking, I plug all cables and check my settings and my setting is have and running fine on network. I sock.

After two days, I switch off router again and than same problem I face.

I have big problem because of I not have router backup.

I am also use Draytek Vigro2800v and this route work fine.

My router details is:
Model : Vigro 2110vn
Serial No: 10b900313042
F/W: 3.3.5.1
Date of Puchase : 17/01/2011

This router is buy from UK country. I am use this router in India. My company head office in Bradford, UK and our office is back office.

This related query above I was sent to UK technical department and they say u post query on our forms. Its ref is DQ339392 (Vigor 2110Vn).

Can you help me about that???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Oct 2013 09:07 #77830 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Router did not start after power off
if all leds flashing something caused problem ... seems is bricked maybe from a power fail or so ... you need to reflash it
Do the steps with the order below but you will loose all settings ... this is the only way to be done but if you have a previous back up and you have many settings use it ... if not all settings back from the begin

Turn off the 2110

Get the Firmware Upgrade V.3.6.5 (Windows) tool from UK support (down of their page, guessing you have windows) ... unzip it

Latest firmware is 3.6.5 & you need to use the *RST* file (it will clean everything)
ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2110/Firmware/v3.6.5/

follow this order to avoid time outs (have the upgrade tool ready and stand by first)

-Disable temporary firewall at pc
-use ethernet cable & not via wifi

-open the utility upgrade tool 3.6.5
-Type the IP address 192.168.1.1 or press the button next of it to detect it (pc needs to be in the same IP range)
-load the *RST* file
-password leave it blank or try admin next attempt
- leave the upgrade tool open & stand by ...

While the 2110 is off ... press and hold gently the small reset hall button ... turn on the modem while the reset button is still under gently press ... and while the leds flashing ... let go the small reset button ... and press the send button at the upgrade tool before the leds at modem stops flashing fast

• truetax311
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
24 Jan 2014 12:30 #78843 by truetax311
Replied by truetax311 on topic Re: Router did not start after power off
Hi,
First, I say thank you very much for help me.

As you told I do. and my router is recover from starting cause.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Moderators: Sami