DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Use 2750 as router with another modem?

• kriswragg
  • Topic Author
More
02 Oct 2013 14:09 #77836 by kriswragg
Use 2750 as router with another modem? was created by kriswragg
Is it possible to connect a BT OpenReach modem to my Vigor 2750n and just use the 2750n as a router?

I found this document which I think explains that its possible:
http://www.draytek.com/.upload/pdffiles/c229cec3e6b8cc1be7f24d7c5a544525.pdf

Just wondered if anyone else has managed to try this as the modem on the 2750n has issues with upload speed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Oct 2013 14:30 #77838 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Use 2750 as router with another modem?
As far i know ... i don't think is possible with the openreach modem ... you will need an incoming wan for pure routing & the 2750 has not, apart the RJ11 which is build in directly with its modem ... same apply for the openreach modem has not any incoming routing wan
May fits for this needing the 2850 (can be find second hand cheap) / 2860n ... both (dual wan rj11 & rj45 incoming ports) build adsl/vdsl together
or you can get a second hand 2110n, 2130n, 2920n (dual wan no adsl/vdsl modem built in) ... which are routers only & can connect any vdsl modem

How ever i think is possible to set the 2750 at bridge mode same as the document showing & connect it (from one of its Lan port) to the HomeHub only (or the router of your provider)... or ... disconnected openreach modem / homehub (or the router of your provider) from the line ... and connect / use the 2750 in normal mode to have only this one in use (all in one)

Come back to your thread because someone else maybe knows something more or having more suggestions because i am not right now with VDSL

About problem with upload speed ... ask support if they have any new beta by now

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami