Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2800g Wifi Issues

• cosmarchy
  • Topic Author
More
03 Oct 2013 17:55 #77873 by cosmarchy
Vigor 2800g Wifi Issues was created by cosmarchy
Hi,

I am having some trouble with my 2800g in that it indiscriminately throws my laptop off the wifi network.

One minute I'll be surfing away and the next I'm disconnected. Whatever I do I cannot get a reconnection without rebooting the router. Rebooting the laptop does nothing and repairing the connection also does nothing. I still cannot connect afterwards.

It only effects one laptop - the mobiles are fine, the PCs are unaffected so is the other laptop. No problems with these devices.

Rebooting is a right royal pain on the backside as you can imagine. To have to keep doing this several times a day is bad enough but when you're half way through a download, well....

Is there:
1) Anyone out there who can tell me any possible reasons for this?
2) Is there any way of restoring the laptop connection without rebooting? Is there anything on the router which I can do?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Oct 2013 18:27 #77874 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Vigor 2800g Wifi Issues
Try repair the connection of your laptop NIC card without rebooting or check pc troubleshooting wizard... if you have W8 is doing to mine sometimes and i think is down to realtek card but lucky is not that often
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/fix-network-adapter-problems

Also what i am suspecting is to try & set first manually (before you reset the adaptor) at the NIC card of the laptop mode g only or b&g as the 2800 can not do n and maybe is enable (on)by default at laptop ... the NIC card it should detect the g transmission but if you set it manual may helps stop the issue

Also If helps this is the defaults wifi settings for the modem (if you have a page called Wireless LAN >> Advanced Setting)

Operation Mode Mixed Mode
Channel Bandwidth 20/40
Guard Interval auto
Aggregation MSDU(A-MSDU) Disable
Long Preamble Disable
Packet-OVERDRIVETM TX Burst Disable

You can try some combinations if will help

• cosmarchy
  • Topic Author
More
03 Oct 2013 19:53 #77875 by cosmarchy
Replied by cosmarchy on topic Re: Vigor 2800g Wifi Issues
Thanks for your reply babis3g,

I've disabled n mode on the wireless adaptor as I thought this was a good place to start from. I'll try one thing at a time until I find the cause - the problem doesn't occur with any predictability so I don't know when I'll see any results :roll:

Moderators: Sami