DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

New 2760 No Setup Wizard

• datawise
  • Topic Author
More
10 Oct 2013 20:23 #77935 by datawise
New 2760 No Setup Wizard was created by datawise
I just received a new 2760Vn and had hoped that installation would be simple having previously used and installed a 2830Vn without any issues. The Quick Start Guide says there is a Quick Start Wizard but I don't see one listed after logging onto the Router. Has anybody had any similar experiences or any suggestions as to how to proceed as I don't seem able to get any Internet access as yet, and everything is looking rather blank except on the dashboard that shows I do have an ADSL connection and shows me the download and upload speed, but that's as far as it has got.

Regards
Datawise
(or should it be unwise)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2013 21:15 #77936 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: New 2760 No Setup Wizard
with 1.1.1 firmware i think the quick start wizard will not appear & in general was few issues
Try a beta i have upload 1.2.0RC5 (is fine & for the Vn model)
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18734#p77789
they have fixed most issues and added more features but note with this one for me it reboots itself (the n model i have)
OR
If you feel more safe contact the support for a newer beta if they have by now ... they reply back quick ... if you do, i don't mind if you share it :)
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/techquery.html

To set manually go to wan & see this thread because you will need ticking boxes to get at the menus
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb/kb_vigor2760_setup.html

• datawise
  • Topic Author
More
11 Oct 2013 11:14 #77940 by datawise
Replied by datawise on topic Re: New 2760 No Setup Wizard
Thanks Babis3g

I have at last managed to get it up and running. As you suggest, I did download the beta firmware from the Draytek website but I think it was a different version from the one you mention (v2760_a_1.2.0RC2a) and that did not even display the Dashboard. So after many restarts and pressing of reset button, I eventually mangaged to reload the 1.1.1 version and then went through a manual set-up. Luckily I had retained all the notes and settings I had from my 2830 installation a year or so ago, but without all that info I think it would have been a nightmare.

Is the 1.2.0RC5 version stable? I'm loathed to have to go through all that pain all over again, as when I tried the v2760_a_1.2.0RC2a I kept getting error messages and it would just not let me reload my saved configuration files or initially the firmware for 1.1.1.

Interestingly, when I log into the router, depending on which operating system/computer and browser I am using I got completely different results. On Vista running IE9, all I got was the logon screen and after that nothing, and even worse on XP running IE8 where all I got was the Draytek logo and no logon screen.

Seems to me that they rushed this model out a bit quick and didn't do much testing before release. Just out of interest, does the 1.2.0RC5 version have a Quick Start Wizard as shown in the documentation??

At least I have it working now and have Internet and VOIP working. Just concerned that when I turn it off and on again it will lose everything again like it did last evening.

More
11 Oct 2013 12:34 #77942 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: New 2760 No Setup Wizard
the rc2 is old one ... not sure why UK support still has it at their download page

... rc5 (link at my previous post up) got it from the Greek support ( i am down to greece for few months family & holiday matter so i took my royters) has resolve many issues and added extra features (https management, added bind ip to mac,ipv6 etc).... the quick start wizard is working (tested with rc4) & everything seems working in order now ... but its rebooting itself .... the support down here has located the issue due to high usage of the CPU (is reaching 100% easy so it may causing issues) i run wireshark and send it to them if can locate the issue with the disconnections ... so i put back my trusty 2830n because they did not had any newest beta than the rc5 at time (about 2 weeks ago)

You can ask the UK support if they have a newer beta than the rc5 (should do by now) but because are betas i would recommend a master reset each change (so for official as well) or use of *RST* file if possible due to conflicts with previous firmwares ( i know is pain) ... so if the one you have now IF is working for you ... leave it as it is, until next official firmware release & done
You may waste time testing betas & from what i have understand you don't have that much (for me i have little time - kind of holidays)

and yes menus are slower/faster depending browser but i think latest beta i tried is much better but modem is rebooting itself

More
11 Oct 2013 15:58 #77944 by andyfitter
Replied by andyfitter on topic Re: New 2760 No Setup Wizard
Another tip is to make sure you clear browser cache and cookies if you are trying new firmware versions - I think your browser gets confused as pages change in the UI but it sometimes uses cached versions.

• datawise
  • Topic Author
More
24 Oct 2013 20:18 #78059 by datawise
Replied by datawise on topic Re: New 2760 No Setup Wizard
Thanks for the input guys. Sorry for delay in responding but have been away and working too hard. As I said before, I seem to have it working as far as Internet and VOIP is concerned, but now I seem to have a wireless printer problem. I can get the printer to work as long as I disconnect and reconnect the printer and immediately perform the print, but wait more than a minute and the connection seems to timeout. Anybody know if there is a setting that will help to maintain the session with the printer?

Moderators: Sami