DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 120 not behaving as expected

• druism
  • Topic Author
More
20 Oct 2013 14:45 #78019 by druism
Vigor 120 not behaving as expected was created by druism
Hi. I have just bought a 120 and have set it up to work with an Airport Extreme. I set the Extreme to PPPoE and entered the correct account and password and I have a connection. However, the address given for accessing the 120 using a web browser does not work. Neither of the Vigor addresses works. Also, though all the other lights are behaving as expected, the right hand INT light is doing nothing. I had expected to see this flicker when there is incoming traffic. Because the 120 is working I suppose I should be happy enough but these two shortcomings bother me. Any ideas?

Drew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2013 17:12 #78021 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Vigor 120 not behaving as expected
If i am not mistaken i think the 120 seems is at Bridged mode by default ... if yes then been bridged will not have access to the UI or telnet but only if connect via direct with pc it will have access
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb/kb_vigor120_AirportExtreme_setup.html
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb_vigor100_setup.html

• druism
  • Topic Author
More
20 Oct 2013 17:34 #78022 by druism
Replied by druism on topic Re: Vigor 120 not behaving as expected
Hi. Thanks for the useful links. I see therein they say that the INT light does not work in PPPoE mode. Fair enough. However, the lack of a facility to access the web interface on 192.168.2.1 or 1.1 remains a puzzler. I have inferred from the General Router FAQ that a LAN interface should work but not from the internet (see Setting up your Vigor 120, para 3). The setup of the Airport seems fine but I would like to be able to check the stats. Drew

More
20 Oct 2013 21:24 #78024 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Vigor 120 not behaving as expected
Because the unit is designed to be a transparent bridge, quite literally bridging without ANY interference
with anything, the WUI cannot be available because that would require examination and
interception of packets to check to HTTP requests to a specific IP address. The simplest
solution is to just get over it and not obsess over whatever it is you want to see, unless
you are diagnosing a specific issue :-)

Forum Administrator

• druism
  • Topic Author
More
20 Oct 2013 22:52 #78028 by druism
Replied by druism on topic Re: Vigor 120 not behaving as expected
I am diagnosing a specific issue. Drew

Moderators: Sami