Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 3900 WAN Routing Issue

• craigthompson
  • Topic Author
More
22 Oct 2013 17:07 #78039 by craigthompson
Vigor 3900 WAN Routing Issue was created by craigthompson
Afternoon All,

Been working with Draytek's for a quite a while but this one's got me scratching my head,

We've recently got a 3900 to replace a 3200 as we've got a leased line coming and needed the throughput, we have a mix of

1 x Easynet (WAN1)
1 x Virgin 120MB (WAN2)
1 x BT ADSL (connected via Vigor 120 by PPPoE - WAN3)
1 x NTL 20MB (WAN4)

All was working fine on the 3200 but since we've moved the Easynet connection over (It's a static IP connection with 13 IP's) we've had an issue where we cannot connect to our customers on Easynet that are within the same range..

For example (I'll PM anyone who wants the "real world" IP's)

Our connection is

88.88.88.1-88.88.88.13

Customer (On Easynet) is on

And we are unable to connect in any way to them, a tracert show's it gets the router and then is unable to find a route. The default route (No load balancing etc setup yet) is WAN2 (120MB Virgin)

I've confirmed the subnet mask for the Easynet Connection is 255.255.255.240 (From Easynet)

Is there something I'm missing? I'd love some to tell me to tick this box and all will be well, however I can imagine this isn't something people come across everyday!

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Oct 2013 09:12 #78056 by cifer
Replied by cifer on topic Re: Vigor 3900 WAN Routing Issue
What firmware version are you using?

I have just updated one of the 3900's we support to 1.0.7 and discovered a routing bug where anything that has been assigned a static route will overrule any more specific route in the router, kind of a pain but could be related, this was not present in 1.0.6.1so may be worth a roll back

• craigthompson
  • Topic Author
More
31 Oct 2013 13:25 #78089 by craigthompson
Replied by craigthompson on topic Re: Vigor 3900 WAN Routing Issue
It was the latest one but tried rolling it back, no luck! It's an unusual one so might need to speak to Draytek for help maybe!

• craigthompson
  • Topic Author
More
17 Dec 2013 12:54 #78532 by craigthompson
Replied by craigthompson on topic Re: Vigor 3900 WAN Routing Issue
Still haven't resolved this, anyone else got any ideas what I might be missing?

More
21 Dec 2013 20:37 #78567 by topman88
Replied by topman88 on topic Re: Vigor 3900 WAN Routing Issue
hi,
I had similar issues to you. I was using a 2920 and 3200 and upgraded to a 3900 and had big problems with routing different IPS on the same subnet to various wan connection. After experimenting I realised by setting up ip objects and routing them through to the various wan ports it worked fine. The mistake I made was thinking the 3900 handles routing from a different ip within the same subnet differently to either the 3200 and 2920. The 300b and 2960 works just like the 3900 in configuring routes through different wan connection either with or with load balancing. I would try setting the client that can't connect to as ip object then adding it as a object not subnet in the wan rules option tab and I think your problem will be solved. On a personal note I do prefer the way that draktek have changed this part of the config compared to the 3200 as its a lot more versatile and easy to keep track of what client is routing to which lan (once you got the hang of it)

Kind Regards
//\//\ ......;)

Moderators: Sami