Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2760 VDSL Not Connecting

• garabaldi15
  • Topic Author
More
31 Oct 2013 20:32 #78093 by garabaldi15
2760 VDSL Not Connecting was created by garabaldi15
Hi,

I have just bought a 2760N to replace HH3 and OR modem for BT Infinity however I cannot get it to connect. It registers an up speed and down speed but will not get an IP address and constantly shows a status of connecting or down, the face plate has a solid green dsl connection light which I believe means connected.

Draytek connection support suggested RMA'ing the unit however I can see that a lot of similar sounding problems were encountered with the 2750 (http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/Draytek-Vigor-2750n-Connection-Issues/td-p/355021/page/8) and units were replaced only for the fault to remain which I would prefer to avoid.

Has anyone else had this sort of problem with the 2760?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Nov 2013 08:41 #78096 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2760 VDSL Not Connecting
Hi just to confirm ... have you tried the beta 1.2.0RC5
Then this is the way to connect it
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb/kb_vigor2760_setup.html

• garabaldi15
  • Topic Author
More
01 Nov 2013 22:28 #78101 by garabaldi15
Replied by garabaldi15 on topic Re: 2760 VDSL Not Connecting
Thanks for the reply, I have tried the RC5 firmware (interestingly Draytek phone support issued me rc4 and told me this was the latest version). This now does not seem to connect (with RC4 the dsl light goes solid and it shows up and down speeds and type 17a however with rc5 no connection is apparent). Here http://we.tl/NjCdw39Gbc are the settings I have entered for reference (it all looks good to me so hopefully I haven't made a silly mistake).

Thanks,
Chris

• garabaldi15
  • Topic Author
More
01 Nov 2013 22:53 #78102 by garabaldi15
OK apparently it does connect exactly the same as the RC4 firmware, gives up and down speed and type but still shows a status of connecting. Again the DSL light on the unit is on and solid green.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/37081via7alkd5u/Capture.JPG

More
01 Nov 2013 23:47 #78104 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2760 VDSL Not Connecting
POST EDITED

.....try change the username ... do a search & some combinations
I see at first pic there is not password so try and there some combinations

Don't think the 2760 is faulty

example for some worked xx@btinternet.com, or bthomehub@btbroadband.com or your current username of your online account
also for some worked the 1234 as password, for some worked blank, for some just a space, for some just their phone number instead

as for the 1.2.0RC5 (which UK support told you the latest was RC4) i got it from the Greek Support not the UK (I am down in Greece for few weeks) but again they both getting it from the main offices at Taiwan ... the difference i think the RC5 suppose to fix the issue of loading the CPU at 100% which was reaching easy with RC4 & was causing issues ...but to me seems not much difference

• garabaldi15
  • Topic Author
More
02 Nov 2013 21:39 #78109 by garabaldi15
Hi,
Thanks for all your help I can report that I am now connected on the new Draytek. Despite my old router having no password I did need to use 1234 as per your suggestion.
Thanks for your help sorry if I wasted too much of your time.

Moderators: Sami