DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2750 VDSL - no longer working on PlusNet

• mwerle
  • Topic Author
More
03 Nov 2013 16:41 #78111 by mwerle
Hi all,

Before I return my modem/router as potentially faulty I'd like to put this to the community/DrayTek, having just asked something similar on the PlusNet forums.

I purchased a 2750Vn shortly after getting FTTC and it has been working mostly fine over the last 2 years.
Last weekend the connection dropped, and the VDSL status was cycling between IDLE and HANDSHAKE.
There was no recent power outage/reset of the device before this event (uptime > 9 months).

After trying standard troubleshooting (reset the device, check all cabling, etc) I connected the the BT OpenReach modem and a Zyxel router provided by PlusNet. The connection came up straightaway so it's ruling out a physical problem on the line/cabling.

This weekend I've tried:
1) reset of 2750
1) a factory reset of 2750
2) flashed 2750 with latest 1.5.2 firmware (had been running a 1.5.2 BETA firmware until now)

Another PlusNet member mentioned in response:

BTOR have been rolling out new firmware to their modems over the last couple of weeks.
They also appear to have been making some changes to the DSLAMS as well - there are adjustments being made to the band plans for the spectrum's for the upload and download frequencies.

Who knows whether the changes at the DSLAM end is affecting your Draytek modem's side...........

Does anybody know more about this, and whether or not the 2750 is compatible with these changes? I'm on the Ealing exchange (LWEAL); I have no idea whether or not any changes have been made to it recently or where to find out.

Best regards,
- Micha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2013 18:47 #78112 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2750 VDSL - no longer working on PlusNet
Hi of course come back to your post if are other members suggestions/advise ... by i am only posting from the point to say latest firmware is 1.5.3 ...but it may make not difference
ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2750/Firmware/v1.5.3/
and most important i would say to contact the support team because they may be aware about the band plan changes so they can give an official answer (the support does not reply in here but only members such you & me) ... plus i am sure they do have more newer firmwares to try ( beta)
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/techquery.html

EDIT
don't think but just in case ... check the 2750 PSU if is working OK and gives the voltage the 2750 needs (12V) ... if you can try an other with same voltage if the plug can fit into the 2750

• mwerle
  • Topic Author
More
03 Nov 2013 23:43 #78114 by mwerle
Hi babis3g,

No joy with the 1.5.3 firmware either.
Voltage is correct as well - router works perfectly except for the VDSL connection so wasn't really expecting any issues there.

Have lodged a tech support query; let's see what DrayTek will say.

Thanks,
- Michael.

More
04 Nov 2013 00:30 #78115 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2750 VDSL - no longer working on PlusNet
as last suggestion from me i would say to dont forget set the Vlan tag to 101 and try combination of username& password such the post below
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18850#p78104
maybe similar issue with an other user (different model than yours) but maybe the band plan change has some kind of affect at the log in :?:

also worthed a double check settings ... but try combination of username & pass
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb/kb_vigor_v2750_setup.html

• mwerle
  • Topic Author
More
04 Nov 2013 00:55 #78116 by mwerle
Thanks, but vlan tag is 101 and plusnet always requires a real username & password.
Will wait & see what Draytek support have to say.

More
06 Nov 2013 15:59 #78156 by kriswragg
Replied by kriswragg on topic Re: 2750 VDSL - no longer working on PlusNet
I noticed several drop outs lately with PlusNet and also that my sync speed has dropped quite a bit from about 75mbit to 60mbit. I thought it was a problem with my line but perhaps is a problem with the DSLAM / Draytek combination?

Moderators: Sami