Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2830n VLAN config issue

• network_guy
  • Topic Author
More
04 Nov 2013 12:21 #78118 by network_guy
2830n VLAN config issue was created by network_guy
Hi All,

My Draytek 2830n has been running 3.6.4_sb_2471201 with Wifi 2.3.2.0 happily for a while now. I've just decided to expand my home network to allow for some CCTV and added a another LAN. I also needed to add more switch port capacity, so I decided to Trunk all the VLANs out of port 4 into a Cisco SG300 10 port Gigabit Manged switch.

I've got a problem where the devices connected originally on the Draytek ports 1, 2, and 3 can connect to each other but nothing via port 4. Ditto the devices connected to the Cisco switch on port 4 to the devices on the Draytek.
I can't work out how to attach an image so here's the config:
> vlan stat
VLAN is Enable :

VLAN Enable VID Pri p1 p2 p3 p4 s1 s2 s3 s4 subnet

0 OFF 0 0 1:LAN1
1 OFF 0 0 V V V V 1:LAN1
2 OFF 76 0 1:LAN1
3 OFF 46 0 2:LAN2
4 OFF 66 0 V 3:LAN3
5 OFF 56 0 V 4:LAN4
6 OFF 0 0 2:LAN2
7 OFF 0 0 V V 1:LAN1

If I put a tick in the box for Port 4 for VLAN 1, the same as Ports 1, 2, and 3 then mp pc can't access the Draytek.

Anyone help please?

Thanks

Andy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Nov 2013 16:56 #78119 by sicon
Replied by sicon on topic Re: 2830n VLAN config issue
have you created the VLANs on the cisco?

• network_guy
  • Topic Author
More
06 Nov 2013 10:43 #78145 by network_guy
Replied by network_guy on topic Re: 2830n VLAN config issue
yes I have created the VLANs on the Cisco.....

More
06 Nov 2013 11:18 #78146 by sicon
ok so port 4 should be tagged for all VLANs
the interface on the Cisco that connects to the Draytek should have the "swicthport mode trunk" command issued to it
The the ports for each vlan need to have the "switch port access vlan??" issued
that is probably the most simple way of doing it... you can then (if supported) do ACLs etc to allow or deny intervlan routing or do it from the Draytek

I have got an almost identical setup but with an 2960 switch .

• network_guy
  • Topic Author
More
06 Nov 2013 12:00 #78148 by network_guy
Replied by network_guy on topic Re: 2830n VLAN config issue
Hi Sicon,
Thanks for your help.
The Cisco is my profession. The uplink interface does have the "switchport mode trunk" config applied, as well as allowing the VLANs 46,56,66 and 77 with VLAN 1 as Native. Speed and Duplex are correct with no errors, historic or incrementing. The log is set to maximum sensitivity, i.e. level 7 for all information and below, and the log is empty except for "interface up/down" events as I physically connect/disconnect the uplink.
I've Tagged the Draytek VLANs with the same VLAN IDs 46,56,66 and 76. Is there a way to attach screenshots on this website or can I pm/email you them? It would make life so much easier for the Draytek side of things.

Thanks
Andy.

More
06 Nov 2013 12:35 #78149 by sicon
Ok, I believe you have the cisco done right but this may help for the Draytek
Bare in mind this is only 2 VLANs on the switch but you can change as necessary for your 4 (remember the 2830 will only support 4 subnets)

General Setup - Only the LANs I want are enabled - Both are VMware networks so have servers Dishing out DHCP

Vlan Setup

Only port 1 has anything plugged into it - The 2830 wont allow config to save unless each port has something gainst it. (I hope that part makes sense)
If you are running the native vlan1 on your switch then you could probably untick Enable VLAN Tag against VLAN0 put still have port 1 Ticked against it (far left tick box)

Yours would probably look something like this (ports 2 and 3 need to be ticked somewhere though - sorry I forgot in my example)

Moderators: Sami