DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2830 guest wifi

More
08 Nov 2013 11:30 #78176 by paladax
Vigor 2830 guest wifi was created by paladax
Hi there,

I have a problem that I am trying to overcome, however, not having a lot of luck so far.

The setup I have is that I have a Vigor box on an external site via ADSL. It has that setup and working fine. There is also a LAN to LAN Vpn setup with it configured to "Change default route to this VPN tunnel", so as that the computers connected to the Draytek are able to use the file servers back in my head office, where it connects back to.

However, we have now had a complication in that someone wants to setup a 2nd guest wifi that doesn't use the VPN at all and instead just goes straight out on the ADSL connection.
I have tried configuring VLans with a VLAN setup on LAN2. LAN2 is on a different subnet but it is still pushing the data all down the VPN tunnel.

Is there any way I can do this, but still keep all traffic from the LAN1 config/SSID1 going down the VPN tunnel while getting all LAN2/SSID2's traffic to go straight out onto the internet?

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2013 12:29 #78177 by sicon
Replied by sicon on topic Re: Vigor 2830 guest wifi
Put the Latest firmware on the router.
Un-tick the "send all traffic" down the LAN to LAN profile
Create a load balance Policy for your Non guest network to go Via the VPN Profile
Create a load balance Policy for the Guest Subnet to go via what ever interface to want

More
08 Nov 2013 14:38 #78178 by paladax
Replied by paladax on topic Re: Vigor 2830 guest wifi
Ok. thanks. Just trying that now

More
08 Nov 2013 14:58 #78179 by sicon
Replied by sicon on topic Re: Vigor 2830 guest wifi
will look something like this

More
08 Nov 2013 16:43 #78180 by paladax
Replied by paladax on topic Re: Vigor 2830 guest wifi
I did it a slightly different way. Used the Src IP on both profiles as the networks were different. But it still works. So thanks very much for pointing me in the right direction! :D

Moderators: Sami