DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2760n and up/dn speeds

More
16 Nov 2013 14:09 #78257 by nmstatus
Draytek 2760n and up/dn speeds was created by nmstatus
Hi guys,

got an issue with a draytek 2760,

We were in the midst of upgrading our router, brought a 2860 which was faulty out of the box, so thought we put a 2760 in while we wait for our replacement.

For some strange reason although the unit sync dsl speeds (16meg down and 1 meg up) are a OK. Doing a speed test via a computer gives very poor results (2-5meg down and 0.07 up???). This is via wire, via wireless the speeds are pretty much fine.

BIt confusing, We thought it was the line but reinstalling our old router and everything is fine, wire results are around the same as sync speeds. Once we put the 2760 back in our speeds take a huge drop.

During the testing we only hooked up a PC and and iphone nothing else,

Checked settings but honestly not much to check other then adsl mode and type. I don't think that would be an issue as sync speeds are fine.

Any help would be very much appreciated :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Nov 2013 02:13 #78262 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Draytek 2760n and up/dn speeds
possible settings to check

-before start changing settings change the lan port ... example if you have wired at lan 1 change the cable to lan 2,3,4 to see if is the same issue
-second i will say to try an other cable because even looking the same some are straight networking cables but some are crossover so the 2760 may not like one or the other?
-an other i can think is draytek for this specific model has a dedicated submenu for lan 1,2,3,4 at "Network > Switch" so check there with its settings
-also remember there is a new official final 1.2.0 firmware way better than 1.1.1 (and is not the same at UK download page beta 1.2.0) so if was bug may is fixed now(will recommend to use the *rst* file updating to this firmware)
ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2760/Firmware/v1.2.0/

More
05 Dec 2013 20:22 #78429 by nmstatus
Replied by nmstatus on topic Re: Draytek 2760n and up/dn speeds
Hi babis3g,

many thanks for the reply

found out it was the QOS setting causing the ruckus :) when enabled all hell broke lose.

I have another issue which I will create a new topic for regarding ap800 and wireless speeds

Moderators: Sami