Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2830n with DSL Cable line

• smrajan
  • Topic Author
More
18 Nov 2013 21:20 #78285 by smrajan
Draytek 2830n with DSL Cable line was created by smrajan
Hi All,

I have a user in Singapore with a draytek 2830n router with IPsec configured to access company corporate network, the user is using a cable line for internet with 'Starhub' Router and doesn't have a ADSL connection. I configured a draytek as advised on this link : http://mcompute.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=2590, I can see the internet via draytek but the IPsec tunnel is not working. The draytek has been configured with a static ip 192.168.91.x with a dhcp range but its taking a ip from 'Starhub' Router on wan2 which is 192.168.0.x.

My question is how do I get IPsec tunnel up on draytek router ? do I have to add a static router or enable any protocol on starhub router so it can pass the traffic of draytek's subnet ? any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rajan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Nov 2013 00:47 #78288 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Draytek 2830n with DSL Cable line
sorry can not help much with the isp from abroad but here if you just set the 2830 via static or dynamic ip should work
If the user has change the ip of the draytek then at static or dynamic ip (WAN >> Internet Access) of the 2830 give the same range address & gateway as the cable modem & see if works also enable the DHCP at the 2830 Lan>general set up>details page
Also check if needs to clone the mac ip of the cable modem
Here is a link from Draytek UK ... it may be similar case if helps you
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/cable_setup.html

• smrajan
  • Topic Author
More
19 Nov 2013 09:47 #78292 by smrajan
Replied by smrajan on topic Re: Draytek 2830n with DSL Cable line
Thanks for your prompt reply. I set a dynamic ip (WAN > Internet Access >WAN2) and user can access internet via the draytek fine. But the problem is the IPsec (VPN and Remote Access > LAN to LAN) is configured with different ip range and allowed access to our firewall so clients can access corporate network, the client should have a ip from draytek not from starhub. Any suggestions ? sorry if I am making more complicated. Thanks,

Moderators: Sami