DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

AP800 and wireless throughout put

More
05 Dec 2013 20:33 #78431 by nmstatus
AP800 and wireless throughout put was created by nmstatus
Hi guys

been installing ap800's for some time now and although I have had up's and downs, firmware releases are becoming more stable and the ap800 is turning out to be exactly what it should of been on release date. A simple hardy product with little to no issues?

I have an issue which I can't grasp at all. It's to do with wifi speeds. alot customers where I install these units have fibre, or vdsl in there homes. So thats down speeds up to 100mbps. Problem is no matter what I do or how I config, the ap800's will not budge from 30-40mbps down or up?

Now I have only come across this problem when installing more then one ap800.

All ap800's are wired, tried different channel combo making sure there's no overlapping, 20/40mhz no encryption. Pretty lost? clients seem to connect between 48-108mbps but speeds will always flux between 30-40mbps downloading or uploading.

Anyone experience this kind of behavior?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2013 21:34 #78441 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: AP800 and wireless throughout put
Do they actually need 100Mb/s broadband...it seems few people do in single domestic situations... I think people wanted higher speed when they were at 512Kb/s... but 20Mb to 80Mb/s....I wonder what people use it for.. I'm quite happy at about 15Mb/s :-)

Anyway, that aside, in best tests, perfect conditions you can get up to 100Mb/s on 802.11n
but you're sharing that bandwidth with all clients, other accesspoints nearby, other interference,
distance and position and the switch port is only 100Mb/s too. You should do better than 30Mb/s
but don't expect 100Mb/s !

There is a UK FAQ somewhere about optimising. Also ensure you have 40Mhz bandwidth set, if supported.

Forum Administrator

More
06 Dec 2013 22:41 #78442 by nmstatus
Replied by nmstatus on topic Re: AP800 and wireless throughout put
Hi there,

thanks very much for your reply,

lol your too right, I tell them all the time!

it's all to do with the super hub's lol, after installing drayteks clients say "I was getting 80-100mb with the virgin superhub".

Thanks very much for the suggestions, I have tried a few optimizing tips but still the same issue,

transferring files with-in lan, speeds are pretty much ok but net speed tests and downloading from net is were it all seems to just drop off.

do some testing and see where things go :)

Moderators: Sami