DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

unstable connection with new draytek 2760

• crazydan7
  • Topic Author
More
11 Dec 2013 12:41 #78477 by crazydan7
hi,
I recently perchase a draytek 2760 and set it all up fine, only to find that whenever I try and connect it to my fibre service provided by plusnet, the connection constantly drops every thirty seconds, meaning a constant change in IP and I've never had a stable enough connection even to brows anything yet when I use the supplied plusnet router along with the FTC modem provided by openreach, the connection doesn't drop at all.
I've spoken to draytek support plus plusnet support non of which can shed a light on this issue, can anyone help?
thanks,
dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Dec 2013 16:44 #78479 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: unstable connection with new draytek 2760
Not much hopes but try & set manually at Network > WAN>DSL >
tick vdsl only
set PPPoE
set the correct MTU 1492
tick default route
tick always on
tick connection detection
don't forget VLAN tag id 101
& a combination of passwords (if will make difference like xxxx@btinternet.com or bthomehub@btbroadband.com and 1234, blank,space, your phone number
& at Network > WAN>DSL mode>vdsl2
Also latest firmware is 1.2.0 if will helps but if you don't have it already i will suggest to use the rst file
ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2760/Firmware/v1.2.0/

If the support supplied you with any other later beta like 1.3.0 ... i would not mind if you share it :)

• crazydan7
  • Topic Author
More
12 Dec 2013 14:51 #78499 by crazydan7
Replied by crazydan7 on topic Re: unstable connection with new draytek 2760
hi
thanks for your help, but have already done all of the above a couple of days to no success.
any other suggestions?

and it's plusnet so username is username@plus.net and password whatever i signed up with, the authentication isn't an issue according to my ISP as they can see that I have authenticated.
cheers,
dan

More
12 Dec 2013 16:56 #78502 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: unstable connection with new draytek 2760
Forgot you are using Plusnet ... sorry & thanks for the info ... if the official final firmware 1.2.0 did not helped, i would say to check the hardware ... change cable so try with another and make sure the small bronze lines inside the incoming wan port is not damaged.also make sure you are using the correct supplied PSU

Moderators: Sami