DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek Vigor 120 - slow performance

More
16 Dec 2013 11:30 #78521 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Draytek Vigor 120 - slow performance
You need to check at your ISP's technical support to get the correct parameters and settings such PPPoE or LLC bridged you mentioned for your adsl connection because each one may works different ...also i am not with BT but as far i know they are using PPPoA
If you have settings with LLC bridged with cisco / juniper etc i would say before the upgrade (if you will) to get some help from the person did set it up first time for you because as mentioned below the upgrade may delete all your current settings if your 120 v2 was set especially for the cisco/juniper server

if you have the v2 then latest firmware upgrade it is the 3.2.6 ... maybe is worth to try it
To find out if you have the v2 it saying under the modem at the sticker next of the model ... example model: vigor 120 v2 ... if is not stating the v2 then is the v1 model

If you will update to the next firmware, is recommended to use the file with ending *RST* ... this is because to avoid previous firmware bugs or conflicts and to help run smoother, compare with the *ALL* file
Of course you can use the *all* file during the next firmware upgrade but there is a chance, possible previous firmware bugs to carry on with next firmware ... this is up to you which file to use ... personal i recommend the *rst* to be a clean/fresh installation

You can write down your current settings before the upgrade and then after to set them back manually because the *rst* file will delete all settings and will set to factory defaults
You can also perform a backup file to keep it at your archive for any future problem

However changing modem codes between same firmware (example 3.2.6) to see which one will work better and more stable for your current adsl connection, the *ALL* file is the best where it will keep all previous settings

If is too trouble to do all these ... then leave it as it is ... and just use any modem code from your current firmware 3.2.4.4 ... and just use the *all* file where will keep current settings
ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor120%20V2/Firmware/V3.2.4.4/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• unrealone1
  • Topic Author
More
17 Dec 2013 18:02 #78533 by unrealone1
Replied by unrealone1 on topic Re: Draytek Vigor 120 - slow performance
Thanks for the link, it is 120 .v2

It is Annex A

But there are still several listed, so how do I know which one I should download?

More
17 Dec 2013 19:20 #78535 by babis3g

unrealone1 wrote: Thanks for the link, it is 120 .v2

It is Annex A

But there are still several listed, so how do I know which one I should download?

For begin try 344001,343701,3431301,332201 to my experience are the most stable

• unrealone1
  • Topic Author
More
18 Dec 2013 09:18 #78538 by unrealone1
Replied by unrealone1 on topic Re: Draytek Vigor 120 - slow performance
Many thanks.

I have checked and it's currently running:

Firmware Version: 3.2.4.4
ADSL Firmware Version: 321311_A Hardware: Annex A

So any of your recommended stable firmware's should be fine?

How do you test performance of each one?

More
18 Dec 2013 10:07 #78541 by babis3g
the testings are based to better synchronization and less errors of the line which means in general the modem may work smoother ... but as mentioned it may not help 100% because seems some batches has problem with dodgy batch going around ... in most cases the support did replace them
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=18353&p=76822&hilit=vigor+120+replaced#p76822
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=18646&p=77368&hilit=vigor+120+replaced#p77745
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18870&p=78189&hilit=vigor+120+replaced#p78395

Moderators: Sami