DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

DNS filter problem on 2830n SB

More
19 Dec 2013 16:29 #78549 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: DNS filter problem on 2830n SB

TimJDavis wrote: Should my PC clients have their DNS point to the Draytek router? They aren't at the moment

Sorry not sure never really used DNS filter ... just pointed the manual if you was not aware ... hopefully the support will give a light if is any bug or a missing setting

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Dec 2013 18:11 #78551 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: DNS filter problem on 2830n SB

TimJDavis wrote: Hi,

I've been through all the 'what is DNS filter' stuff already. And I've set it up the same a instructions, except I've had to do the firewall filter stuff too, which is not in the instructions. But nowhere does it mentions ... if setting the DNS filter stops you logging onto the console then ... do this?
And of course the filter is not working correctly.

Should my PC clients have their DNS point to the Draytek router? They aren't at the moment

It filters all DNS traffic going through the router, which is why it caused so many problems before 3.6.6.1 was released.
The DNS filter just links to a CSM - Web content filter profile and applies based on how that profile is configured and the WCF license is active. I do wish it linked to the URL filter :(

• timjdavis
  • Topic Author
More
19 Dec 2013 22:23 #78553 by timjdavis
Replied by timjdavis on topic Re: DNS filter problem on 2830n SB
Draytek support were unable to re-produce the problem, regardless of whether the DNS filter is on or off, they can still log onto the admin pages.

I did more testing tonight and ... it appears to be isolated to IE 11. If the DNS filter is enabled, then the logon clears the fields and just shows the logon window again. But turning the filter off, and IE 11 immediately starts working. And compatibility mode doesn't make any difference either.

Chrome, Safari and Firefox all seem to work fine.

There are also issues with the DNS filter stuff too. A lot more of the blocked pages ... time-out rather than create a 'blocked' message. But that's less important really.

More
20 Dec 2013 17:33 #78563 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: DNS filter problem on 2830n SB
IE11 breaks so many things it's getting impressive - I use the metro version on my tablet and it seems not really 100% with regular websites.

It's probably some smart filtering that IE11 does that other browsers have yet to implement. Tell draytek all of that and I'm sure they'll be interested - the DNS filter was meant to fix everything with CSM traffic getting through when it shouldn't.

Moderators: Sami